ProCraft trolling motor tray

I have a 2001 super pro 200 and will be installing a recessed trolling motor tray. Looking for any advise and tips. My only concern is weakening the deck.

Thanks for any help.

2. Fishing is a Passion
    I have the same boat, came with the tray already installed, no weakness at all,
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

the deck is 2" thick, trust me you wont weaken it at all, and move it as far forward as you can.
    Kelly
    97 Astro 1800DC/ Merc 150

4. Member
    There will be a cross brace you'll need to trim down to fit the tray in. No worries though it was an easy install. Super sturdy decks so no worries with weakening it at all.

5. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    If it's like my 98' deck, you'll have nothing to worry about.. Just use a coping saw or similar, to belly out that little plywood cross brace.. Deck is still rock solid!

6. Member
    Finished the install with no issues. The front deck was thin but very strong. There was no bracing but a couple of wires I had to cut around, they were very easy to move aside to cut. Thank for all the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    MickStix, how do you like that pedal position? I've got the same deck and was looking at that spot to remove the front seat post mount and work with the rear seat post mount. Front seat post mount looks too far forward for the pedal tray and will be really scary narrow up there.

8. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    The way I did it, I sat on the butt seat and placed the well pattern down where my foot rested.. That was fine, but my foot was flat.. Do it with your foot tilted full back, like you would if you had to turn the trolling motor full lock (heel down/toes up) and see where it's most comfortable.. While your standing/leaning it's not an issue. (like I said in the PM, it's fine, but I'd move it forward an inch or two if I had it to do over)