Flake exposed on 95 Basscat Pantera ??

pantera 2.jpgits a white hull so the only part that is bad is the stripe above the rubrail...any suggestions ?? Thanks in advance

2. Member
    I think if you can get a close up picture the guys here will be better able to give you the proper advice on how to get it fixed...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorM. View Post
    I think if you can get a close up picture the guys here will be better able to give you the proper advice on how to get it fixed...
    will do...just not sure if there are any other options out there..the white part of the hull buffed out like glass...just not the stripe

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorM. View Post
    boat gel 1.jpgboat gel 2.jpgboat gel 3.jpgHere is what I'm dealing with guys..rough to the touch

5. Member
    The clear is gone. Go to Vacuum Bagging Equipment and Methods | Fibre Glast

get some clear GEL COAT, MEKP and some styrene to thin it with, 50/50. Get a decent spray gun with a 1.8-2.0 tip. Tape ever thing off that you don't want clear on . Shoot/spray the clear and pull the tape off before it kicks, oh yea, acetone to clean the gu out, and do it fast clear kicks quick. And use clear gel coat, not automotive rap.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

6. Member
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

7. Member
    is there any way to get the color back ?..as you can tell its mostly silver flake ...not much red left..below the rub rail its still the deep red color

Quote Originally Posted by S.Curtsinger View Post
    is there any way to get the color back ?..as you can tell its mostly silver flake ...not much red left..below the rub rail its still the deep red color
    No the sun has damaged it, that's the color it would be if you cleared over it also. Unless you re-flake it that is how it will be, you might try to wet sand it and it might silver some more but it will get smooth then compound and buff and keep it waxed. I have done a boat with the same colors and it was ruff on the top like yours before I wet sanded it, the black pins are really thin so be care full if you decide to wet sand it out.

9. Member
    I think probably Totalbeverage has the best solution for the least amount of work. I have the same issue on a Bullet and eventually will try the clear. However, in messing with this thing I found that wiping it down with acetone or a MEK thinner restored some of the color for a week or 2. I wonder what the result would be if it was clear coated after drying from a wipe down. If you decide to conduct this experiment please post the results.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by totalbeverage View Post
    No the sun has damaged it, that's the color it would be if you cleared over it also. Unless you re-flake it that is how it will be, you might try to wet sand it and it might silver some more but it will get smooth then compound and buff and keep it waxed. I have done a boat with the same colors and it was ruff on the top like yours before I wet sanded it, the black pins are really thin so be care full if you decide to wet sand it out.
    Yea I knew that's the color I'm stuck with, I was asking if there were any alternatives to shooting new gel on such a small area...its already been wet sanded..best thing Ive found has been spray on some liquid gold...it makes it sparkle for about a week

11. Member
    I had the same problem with my '94 P-2. Found a product called CostaCoat on Ebay. It's a acrlyic polymer you apply to cover up the problem you are seeing. It has been on my boat for nearly a year with great success.IMG_0811.jpg

Send me a text message to 903-733-5286 and I can share some before and after pics of my boat. Very easy to work with product.
    Last edited by rbarne4; 09-13-2015 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling correction

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarne4 View Post
    I had the same problem with my '94 P-2. Found a product called CostaCoat on Ebay. It's a acrlyic polymer you apply to cover up the problem you are seeing. It has been on my boat for nearly a year with great success.IMG_0811.jpg

Send me a text message to 903-733-5286 and I can share some before and after pics of my boat. Very easy to work with product.
    will text you in the morning ...thanks Rick

13. Member
    Hi. Saw your old post about Costacoat. Couldn't find any other info on it at all. We have fenders on our ranger that are very oxidized in a couple of spots.
    They look good when wet - will the Costacoat keep the "wet" look
    Can you possibly send or post some before & after pics? Thanks!

14. Member
    you can get flakes from ranger. and use a dry flake gun to shot them over a coat of wet clear gel. then shot clear gel over that. redid my ranger did some research on utube and ordered my gun on ebay. the hard part is going to match the color of the flake nee more info contact me