Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have had my RT188 with the F115 Yamaha now for almost two years. It has been a great boat to fish from. I am retired and bass fish a lot for 12 months a year and have used it probably more than most. It has held up to some pretty steady use very well.

I had my first fiberglass bass boat in the early 1970s and have owned many different ones. I looked at and shopped many aluminum brands and boats....I bought another Ranger.....I like this boat as much as any I have ever owned. The front deck is huge, storage is good and it fishes so shallow that you won't believe it.....and NO fiberglass blisters to deal with.
    I hope you will be as happy with yours as I have been with mine over the last couple of years. Nice colors too. Congratulations.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Quote Originally Posted by ckeck View Post
    If there is one thing you don't leave home without, I'd love to hear what that is though, just in case :)
    Always have a good complete first aid kit....I also carry a cell phone extra charger that I leave in the boat with stuff to charge it with the 12 volt battery in the boat. I have the cigarette lighter adapter for the USB charger adapter for my phone.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

I added a motor power cut off switch to my RT188 because I was having trouble with the motor wanting to trim down when the boat was on the trailer. It happened a couple times at the ramp and once when in the driveway and must have tried to trim down against the transom saver all night because it completely killed the battery. The dealer finally found and fixed the problem but just for safety sake, I kept the switch. I bought the switch at AutoZone. Attachment 197922

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Banned
    Sharp boat, looks awesome

6. Member
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine. On a side note I opened my fuse box to see what kind of fuses and they are the mini fuses. Ranger put a spare bag of fuses inside. Nice touch.

Excited...the boat is even better in person than I expected. Haven't been in a boat much lately either and I can't believe how quiet these 4S engines are. There seem to be some paint drips/runs here and there but not sure if this is common or not. I assume these are hand painted so there will be some variance.

Anyhow, I've got a lot to figure out with the HDS units I plan to install and setting up the NEMA2000 network. I have a HDS-9 Gen3 planned for the console (mount) and an HDS-12 for up front. Still thinking about doing a single 10' Talon which will require the "sandwich" bracket to be installed.

Really wish Ranger would have installed the Ulterra as a factory option. Would have loved that. Did a quick lake test with the dealer and everything ran great. Going to try and get it out this weekend on Buchanan where my family has a lake house. Should be less crowded than most other lakes as well

Attachment 197703Attachment 197704Attachment 197705Attachment 197706Attachment 197707Attachment 197708Attachment 197709
    love my 520 but man i would love that for skinny water
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

I have a 12' talon on my boat now . Its on a sandwich bracket starboard side . It completely changed the setup. 55lbs hanging a foot off the back. anyway having it put on my RT when it comes. dealer will install it. I have never used more then 6 ' . if I had to do it again I would have gotten an 8'. But to each his own.

9. Member
    Congrats! Very cool!!
    2014 Ranger Z119C 225 Pro XS

Congrats on the new ride , saw a few of these at my dealer last weekend , I was very impressed !

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

here are the pictures

Got a real good price from okefenokee outdoors online . Depending on the color it was under 1500 and free shipping had it in less than a week . The sandwich bracket was 225.

I tried to get ranger to install 1 of their brackets . If you don't order a power pole from them you can't get the bracket.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lilduckx3 View Post
    I have a 12' talon on my boat now . Its on a sandwich bracket starboard side . It completely changed the setup. 55lbs hanging a foot off the back. anyway having it put on my RT when it comes. dealer will install it. I have never used more then 6 ' . if I had to do it again I would have gotten an 8'. But to each his own.
    Just looking at the specs it seems like the 10 ft Talon is the sweet spot in terms of specs. A bit heavier than the 8 but 8" shorter as well. Will have to do some thinking here. Thanks for the info.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I added a motor power cut off switch to my RT188 because I was having trouble with the motor wanting to trim down when the boat was on the trailer. It happened a couple times at the ramp and once when in the driveway and must have tried to trim down against the transom saver all night because it completely killed the battery. The dealer finally found and fixed the problem but just for safety sake, I kept the switch. I bought the switch at AutoZone.
    Thanks, I'll keep an eye on this.

15. Member
    Thanks again everyone...sorry I was MIA there for a bit (travel). I've only had it on the water once since I got it the other weekend but planning to take it out this weekend or next.

This weekend might be filled with the electronics install. Just got in my mounts from Bass Boat Tech, all the NEMA2000 equipment, MercMonitor + SmartGauge (L2), etc. Forgot to order the dang transducer though so that may not get here in time. I also have the digital trim switch coming in as well but that won't be for another week or so.

Any tips on installing all this before I get started?

I got the 4" tall angled mount for the HDS-12 up front. How do you screw/bolt that down? Just straight into the floor? That is the one thing that is kind of making me nervous...would like some clarification there first.

Also, the universal sonar on the Fortrex TM...how does this connect to the HDS units?

Thanks again everyone...sorry I was MIA there for a bit (travel). I've only had it on the water once since I got it the other weekend but planning to take it out this weekend or next.

This weekend might be filled with the electronics install. Just got in my mounts from Bass Boat Tech, all the NEMA2000 equipment, MercMonitor + SmartGauge (L2), etc. Forgot to order the dang transducer though so that may not get here in time. I also have the digital trim switch coming in as well but that won't be for another week or so.
    Any tips on installing all this before I get started?

I got the 4" tall angled mount for the HDS-12 up front. How do you screw/bolt that down? Just straight into the floor? That is the one thing that is kind of making me nervous...would like some clarification there first.

Also, the universal sonar on the Fortrex TM...how does this connect to the HDS units?
    This link demonstrates how to remove the connector from the MercMonitor cable so you can run it through the wiring tube. http://www.bbcboards.net/mercury-3-l...connector.html If you bought the MercMonitor from European Marine, Don Weed will talk you through the install. I bolted the bracket to the bow with security screws through the deck with lock nuts underneath. I did this for security so you have to remove the trolling motor pan to remove the bracket. Attachment 200458 I also drilled a hole through the gimbal mount and bracket and installed a lock to provide additional security.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

I am having trouble posting pic's
    I picked up my rt Friday and did most the break-in this morning. I don't have great news . the talon bracket went on fine,But, the bracket is down low enough that it drags in the back wash from the boat. This causes water to shoot up the side of the motor. Its a minn kota sandwich bracket . unless you have a jack plate use a jack plate bracket I can't see that yours would be any different. I am working on a plate to put on the bottom of the bracket to divert the water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12