Fishunter Owners!! Any of you try a Tempest Plus on your rigs?

It's been a bad year for props this year!!

I have a 23P hi five prop that I dinged up pretty good on greenbay this year. John is fixing that one. I also folded part of an ear over on my Trophy this year in minnocqua. Not a good year for me in terms of props - oh yeah, I already said that . Anyway, when I dropped them off at John's today to have them repaired, he handed me a 23P Tempest Plus to use while he fixed mine. Have you ever run a Tempest or even another 3 blade on yours? I know it won't be exact because many of you have a bigger engines than me... Just checking...

Derwood
    1998 ChampioN Fishunter 190
    200 hp Mariner
    8 hp Tohatsu

GO BADGERS !!

2. Member

Re: Fishunter Owners!! Any of you try a Tempest Plus on your rigs? (Derwood)

I run the trophy. What difference did you see. I would expect it to do better on the top end, but I would think hole shot would suffer.
    Hans Deters

1996 ChampioN Fishunter 190
    1996 Mariner 225 EFI
    1996 Mariner 9.9

3. Member

Re: Fishunter Owners!! Any of you try a Tempest Plus on your rigs? (HDETERS)

I haven't tried it yet. Just got it home and put on the boat and probably will not get a chance to really run it until Monday morning. Just anxious and thought I would ask...

Derwood
    200 hp Mariner
    8 hp Tohatsu

GO BADGERS !!

4. Member

Just Ran it this morning on Lake Como. Water was glass and water temp was upper 80's.

3/4 gas in both tanks, kicker and rear casting deck I'm running 58.6. Rpms were about 5800 trimmed pretty good. I put water in the port well because I'm heavy on the right side and i ran 58.3. Out of the hole very quick (not like the high five, but better than the trophy). I can stay on plane slower than the trophy and about equal to the hi five. I'm keeping the Tempest... love it. Control was pretty good (though we'll see in rougher water). Nice prop for my set up.

Derwood
    200 hp Mariner
    8 hp Tohatsu

GO BADGERS !!

5. Member

I love lake Como. Haven't been there yet this. With all the recent rains the frog bite has got be back on.

CLOSED GAMEFISHING SEASONS IN WI HAS NO BIOLOGICAL CREEDENCE!!!