Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Here is a little update:

I have done a ton of work since last post. I have ground out pretty much every hair crack in the top with my dremel.. most of these were around the existing screw holes. I had a

good size crack on the rear port side just past the gas tank filler. It was just above where the rub rail sits and it needed to be done. I ground it out with the dremel and then used the

sander underneath to make it nice and smooth so I could lay a nice piece of 18 oz glass underneath. Once all that was done I gave it a good wipe down with acetone. I cut up my

glass to fit and because I was putting the fiberglass on the bottom of the top I mixed up my resin really thick so it wouldn't fall down after I put it up. I painted the PB on and laid the

glass and then used PB to fill in the space left in the crack from the top. It has been a little chilly lately so it took a bit longer for the resin to dry, but it dried nicely. I had two smaller

cracks on the starboard side so I just repeated the process for those. It is currently raining but the top is ready to go on the bottom now. A buddy of mine I haven't seen in a while

has just learned about my boats. He came over, saw my work, and started flipping out because he could not believe how well it looked for my first time doing fiberglass work. Turns

out that when he was younger he used to do a lot of boat restorations. I have another buddy that own a cigarette boat and he has a buddy who used to race boats but is now

retired. He does all types of boat work in his "retirement" and my buddy is gonna introduce us and I am hoping this guy will either teach me how to gelcoat or gelcoat my boat for me.

I will post some updated pics soon..

2. Member
    Shawn.D
    2015 Phoenix 618pro w/ 150 Evinrude Etec HO

3. Member
    Is there an update on your progress?

I just picked up a '79 HPV 175 and am starting a restoration

4. Member
    Definition of Gumption = bobaphat2001

I hope he gets it done. Buddy had one years ago. Cool boat, the hull was very similar to theGlastron boat in the Bond movie “Live and Let Die”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123