Palming reels...need new ones

I am looking for some new reels as my fuegos are ready to be upgraded but I love the size (frame) of the Fuego/sol reels but obviously they are no longer made and really do not want to spend the money for 10 new steez. :-)

Looking at lews (team and pro series) and a little at pflueger (supreme XT). Any ideas or input? Also maybe Daiwa sv 105....but need a good deal on em.

I have tried tatulas but they are too large and tried revos but the gear box drops down too far and kills my ring finger so do not want a frame with a deeper gear box.

Always appreciate your help as I do not have a local shop that has much of a selection to go hold so have to trust you guys.

THANK YOU!
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

Try palmng one of the 13 reels...especially If you like the alphas/sol frame. The concept A is a great reel out of the box, but adding a KP spool will make it serious.

Alphas SV/SV105 is on the Alphas/Sol frame. The Alphas SV is easily obtainable for $200ea delivered to the US and comes in two ratios. The SV103 is on the Zillion/Fuego frame and will be available soon as well.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

4. Banned
    Hold on. I just cant get past that you want to get rid of your Fuegos! You know that was like one of the best Daiwa reels made? You want to just toss them, you can send them my way.

5. Member
    I would consider the fueago and sol primer reels and don't think you would like the lews or pfluger. Stay with daiwa. Coming from a shimano guy

6. Member
    Are you retiring them because they are worn out or from the aesthetics? If they look decent, why not rebuild them? Much cheaper than replacing them.

7. Member
    I don't want to get rid of the fuegos and definitely not the sols but tougher and tougher to find parts for them. Also we all know how it goes....we keep buying more and more rods and need reels for em. :-)
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

If you like the feel of the Steez but don't want the price, give the SS SV 103 a look. Japan Lure Shop has them for 242 a pop. 3 different gear ratios too. Tackle Tour gave them a pretty good review. Called them the Steez in disguise.

I would put in worm gear and handle bearings to smooth it up. Can't beat that price and the SV spool. You can go a tad smaller with the Alphas SV. For 180 bones, it's a bitchin little reel. Same upgrades on the bearings would be recommended too.

I was was honestly going to get one last week, but found a NIB Megabass IS79 for 350 and crashed over my computer trying to click buy it now.