Thread: Labor Day 2015

Banned

Labor Day 2015

Just curious to see. I'm located in Piedmont North Carolina and wondering with Labor Day just around the corner. Lets hear some information on campgrounds in the North & South Carolina, Southern Virginia, and portions of Georgia Marina/ campground located on Little Nutbush Creek in Kerr Lake on the North Carolina-Virginia border. Under New ownership this campground is going through a rebirth so to speak. I guess one of the Oldest campgrounds On Kerr Lake. Located on hwy 39 in the little community of Townsville, NC one time home to those that built Kerr Lake at the confluence of the Dan and Roanoke Rivers.

Sorry I'm to far south, Bama coast here, but plentry of great places here.

3. Banned
    That is fine Joe, Heading to Tuscaloosa, AL at least once this year when the Tigers of LSU come up from the Bayous for some football. Got to travel to SEC Country to see real football You know.

You sure you wanna do that on a holiday weekend? My parents live on Lake Barkley (sister lake to Kentucky Lake) and we never go on the water on Memorial Day, July 4th or Labr Day. Boat traffic is unreal and you've got people that never go out except those holidays and think you can't drive a boat without 7 or 8 beers in you.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Lots of good places in the Carolina's, Tenn, etc to camp, you're alittle to the game if you don't already have reservations somewhere though, especially if it's a campground on a river or lake. Most campgrounds have been sold out for the last long weekend of summer that are on the water. We looked around Cherokee, NC a couple weeks ago and couldn't find any campsites on any of the trout streams, nor anything on any of our local lake campgrounds.

6. Banned
    Uwharrie National Forest on Badin Lake is nice. Wife and I have camped there a few times. So is Lake Norman State Park Campground.

If you want some "extra" activities there is Carolina Adventure World in S.C. They rent ATV/dirt bikes/SxS's with miles of trails to ride.