Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First and second pic in the original post. Second shows bluegill on beds

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    First and second pic in the original post. Second shows bluegill on beds
    Thanks. I kept looking at the last three images and could not find the beds.

3. Banned
    -----------
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 02-04-2016 at 06:12 AM.

4. Member
    I think there were some concerns above about seeing fish on side scan. Here is a picture of a large school of bass on a flat using an HDS 8 Gen 2 with LSS2 side scan and down scan.

5. Banned
    yep its easy to see when there are 100's. now show us a pic with just 1 bass and see who can find it

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    yep its easy to see when there are 100's. now show us a pic with just 1 bass and see who can find it

I'll get right on that

7. Member
    Here you go troyboy I have a few more.

8. Member
    Here is another

9. Member
    Here is another with crappie in tree and bass on the bottom.

Nice shot but I think that 2d is missin a bit and the single fish. Chirp really separates those little fish better.

11. Member
    Last shot was my old transducer that was messed up the single fish image there was nothing to really see under the boat.

12. Banned
    thats a good shot stratos, but again your range is set for 50ft. you guys are missing my point. i was simply saying the more you increase range the harder it is to see individual fish
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 02-04-2016 at 06:13 AM.

13. Member
    Honestly I never have a challenge seeing fish to the sides either I got lucky and got one of those good transducers or I have it set up right and spend time to learn it.

14. Member
    not more easy ones. something with a challenge
    Yea but you asked for him showing you shots of just a single fish, not challenging shots with just a single fish. Not giving you a hard time, but the man proved his solid point.

Personally, I think, as far as useable fishing data (not necessarily the "pretty picture award") S4L has some of the best on the forum. He also doesn't stretch his beams out 400' like a lot of people on here, when he is taking shots of fish. I also have some very impressive shots of fish on sidescan and downscan.

15. Member
    S4L, I see you really like to use the 83khz. Do you just like the wider beam when you are in shallower water? I hardly use my 83 because I have to crank the sensitivity do SO low that it sucks switching back from 200/83. (Not that I even use those settings anymore, owning the TM150 ............)

16. Member
    Rotus it seems like the 83 works the best for me with clarity. But I run my bow unit on 200 that way I know exactly where they are. The wide beam on the console also allows me to see wider and then I can swap to the tm and know there pretty much below me.

17. Banned
    -------------------------
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 08-27-2015 at 11:38 AM.

18. Member
    For some of yall there is 3 things it could be. 1. Your unit/transducer is faulty. 2. You don't have it setup properly. 3. Your standards/expectations are way to high. But I don't think it's number 1 cause yall have problems with all brands.

19. Member
    You asked I showed I have images scanning 100ft each side in 5 ft of water but why. Again complaing of something you asked for and i showed you. And that was In a lake with only bass crappie catfish etc. Maybe you need to try and not shoot out so far or continue to do it and be disappointed.

20. Member
    i think its safe to assume i didnt mean a single shot of a blue whale or something. we are bass fisherman, walleye, crappie fisherman yes? the range of 40 foot also makes it easier. ive said that over and over. his lowrance getting dark after 80 feet kinda forces him to do that. when we scan out to 400 per side we are not trying to see fish, we are mapping structure. here on lanie, i dont need to see fish. i need to see brush piles. if i can find them they will have fish

can you find all of the schools in this shot?

Troy, first off just know that I respect you, and your opinions. I know you have done your homework. Here are my experiences, not being a "bass fisherman". My Lowrance doesn't get dark after 80', and I can scan out 100' plus in 5-10 FOW. (But I like LSS-1 better and have done many back to back comparisons on 1 vs. 2) I don't stretch the beams out that far when looking for fish, because even on my 12" screen they are often too small to see with that kind of range selected. We can all agree on that. I have had the bird and lowrance. I think they both are phenomenal, and I can mark exactly what I am looking for with both brands. Just like you say, find the structure, find the fish. But for my fishing style (live bait fishing for striped bass and catfish) you have to actually see where the bait is as well as the fish you are hunting for. They are constantly moving so finding structure isn't a tell all. I actually use sidescan to actively tell which side of the boat the stripers are moving to when the live lines quit bending over.

For me: Plain and simple. Marking fish with SS is very possible. Although, it is MUCH easier to see them in the water column.

Perfect example:
    LSS-1, schools of stripers out 30-40ft. out each side of the boat, 2ft. deep, scanning to 140' out. Can even see the dock pilings on the left side.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast