Thread: black streaks

black streaks

How can I slow or stop black streaks, it's a allegro motor home, it has a aluminum top, I think that seems to be where they start. If it is would sealing top help?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamTar View Post
    How can I slow or stop black streaks, it's a allegro motor home, it has a aluminum top, I think that seems to be where they start. If it is would sealing top help?
    You have to clean the roof just about every time you wash the RV.

3. Banned
    Black streaks come from the top. Best way is to minimize them is keep the roof clean and/or keep it out of the weather.

I had an aluminum side travel trailer, and I could never keep black streaks off the siding. Commercial black streak cleaners just didn't work. I ended up using Awesome and Scotchbrite pads, however the paint got awfully thin after a number of years.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Black streaks come from the top. Best way is to minimize them is keep the roof clean and/or keep it out of the weather.

I had an aluminum side travel trailer, and I could never keep black streaks off the siding. Commercial black streak cleaners just didn't work. I ended up using Awesome and Scotchbrite pads, however the paint got awfully thin after a number of years.
    Bass boat polish is the best thing to remove them. They wipe right off when I use my boat polish.

5. Member
    I did use the black streak remover, and it took paint off, so I repainted the rv , and I hate seeing those steaks, I will wash top very good. I don't have a shed to park it in so when it rains is when I get those streaks

Anyone on here use Pro-Tec on their trailers? Wondering how it would work?