Water in battery box and live well!!!

I have a 2006 Ranger 188vs and I am having problems with water getting into the battery box... Yes the plug is in! Also the livewell valve is set to empty and the livewells still fill up with 4" of water. Any suggestions on what to look for and any suggestions?

Thanks

Put it to recirculate

3. Member
    Thanks, I will have to try that! I'm headed to the lake tomorrow.

4. Banned
    JR look to see if water is getting in from the rigging hole as well

5. Member
    Thats what I had originally thought! I was at a big lake that i could use my big motor and I was getting water in the battery box. I figured that it might be slashing up and going in the rigging hole... But this past weekend I went to a electric motor only lake and still experienced water in the battery box by the end of the day.

6. Banned
    Check your through connections, livewell plumbing and finally the rub rail.

7. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    You will find you have two problems.....the Flo-write valve should not be letting any water come in when in the EMPTY position letting your live-wells get 1/2 full, but more importantly you have an open leak somewhere, most likely in the live-well plumbing. Check the inlet and outlet fittings going though the live-well walls for tightness..... with a dry bilge, you can fill the live-wells with a hose and check for water appearing in bilge area.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 08-20-2015 at 10:15 AM.

8. Member
    Thanks for all the input guys! Once this rain lets up here in PA I will get the boat out of the garage and see if I can find the leak!

9. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    On my R-81 the rear deck drain holes are right above the battery boxes, so when it rains or I take water over the back it drains directly into the batteries. My livewell does the same as yours, always has. Even when it's in recirculate mine will let a little water in when backing up. I think most of them do. When the livewell is left on empty it will allow water in that is the same as lake level. Good thing is it will totally empty after your under way. Hope this helps a little.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

10. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    When the livewell is left on empty it will allow water in that is the same as lake level.
    Nope, yours too is misadjusted or a check-flapper is bad and needs replaced.

You will still get water in through rigging hole when you launch the boat,depending how steep the launch is. Also if waves are coming over the splash well.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

12. Member
    Narrowed my choices down after talking to the Ranger Dealership. They said that i will get water in the livewell no matter what. But as far as the water in the battery box its not a plumbing issue! The water is actually coming in from the factory lowrance speed, temp sensor on the Ranger set back. Loosen the nut on top and silicone it and retighten! Thanks for all the help guys!