Thread: FX20 Prop ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FX20 Prop ??

Looking for anyone running an FX20 with a T1-25p prop.

What kind of RPMs and MPH are you seeing. Also if you can give me your prop to pad that would really help.

I just put one on my boat replacing the FXP 26 that came on it.

First time out I was running about 68-69, but at 6100 RPMs with some pedal left.

2. Member
    I picked up your thread in the Yam forum also. The vents should not hurt your motor if you smoothly advance the throttle instead of smashing it. I run a vented on my boat and it only blows out when the plate is too high. I would say that your plate is too high because those rpms are very high with a lot of slip for the speed. The limiter on your motor is 6150.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    I picked up your thread in the Yam forum also. The vents should not hurt your motor if you smoothly advance the throttle instead of smashing it. I run a vented on my boat and it only blows out when the plate is too high. I would say that your plate is too high because those rpms are very high with a lot of slip for the speed. The limiter on your motor is 6150.
    Thank you for the reply. I think I can control the blow out with the throttle, and am going to go ahead a drop the motor a little and see if it helps.

I will tell you this, she gets up and going right now with this setup. lol

4. Member
    4110 Manor Bluff Way, Apt 210, Raleigh, NC 27613
    Why did you dump the FXP 26? My understanding is this is a great prop for that boat. Personally I run a 27T1 ventless on my FX20 and with just myself in the boat I can get over 80 GPS with a hydraulic jackplate. I think the key here is you don't want your max RPMs above 6k, that's where your motor is making the most power. With the 27T1, I am 5900 wide open...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcolbe View Post
    Why did you dump the FXP 26? My understanding is this is a great prop for that boat. Personally I run a 27T1 ventless on my FX20 and with just myself in the boat I can get over 80 GPS with a hydraulic jackplate. I think the key here is you don't want your max RPMs above 6k, that's where your motor is making the most power. With the 27T1, I am 5900 wide open...
    Well I didn't really dump the FXP I just wanted a back up prop, so thought I would try something different, and the 25T1 is what was recommended. I do think I will like the prop if I can get the RPMs back down a little. Going to try to adjust the motor, but if that doesn't work I might send it to Croxton, and have him add some cup.

I must say, I am surprised you are able to turn the 27 at 5900. You must have her setup perfectly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pick View Post

I must say, I am surprised you are able to turn the 27 at 5900. You must have her setup perfectly!!
    Pick, your boat won't do that. It probably has the trolling motor option.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDD22 View Post
    Pick, your boat won't do that. It probably has the trolling motor option.
    It does....It also has the passenger seat option as well .

Quote Originally Posted by Pick View Post
    It does....It also has the passenger seat option as well .
    It's just too heavy to run 80+ with all those options.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

9. Member
    Why did't you get the 26T1, if you where running a 26FXP you need the 26T1.....
    James Clark.. SKEETER...FX20..250 SHO Yamaha, Izorline Pro Staff, Deep Creek Pro Staff,Cpt. Gary Marine Products, Powers Swain Fishing Team, Warriors on the Water Staff

10. Member
    Hey guys, I have a 10' FX20 250sho with a T1-27. My question is for anybody that has this set up or any insight. The holeshot seems a bit sluggish when I have a full tank and both livewells full of water and two guys. My top seem great as I normally run max 5500rpm which is 70-71ish mph. So my thoughts were to go down in pitch size..??

Also by reading through some of your comments I should be able to run a little more rpm's. This is my first bass boat so I dont want to push the motor to hard not knowing how hard I can go with it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyk View Post
    Hey guys, I have a 10' FX20 250sho with a T1-27. My question is for anybody that has this set up or any insight. The holeshot seems a bit sluggish when I have a full tank and both livewells full of water and two guys. My top seem great as I normally run max 5500rpm which is 70-71ish mph. So my thoughts were to go down in pitch size..??

Also by reading through some of your comments I should be able to run a little more rpm's. This is my first bass boat so I dont want to push the motor to hard not knowing how hard I can go with it.
    Forgot to mention, jackplate is showing 7 dots.

12. Member
    I have a FX20 and run the 27T1 at bout 5800 RPMs at 76.3 mph with premium gas....seems to run faster with premium, also have 26 FXP, runs 6000 RPMs 74.5 mph........Jack plate set at 8 dots.....1 3/4 below pad
    James Clark.. SKEETER...FX20..250 SHO Yamaha, Izorline Pro Staff, Deep Creek Pro Staff,Cpt. Gary Marine Products, Powers Swain Fishing Team, Warriors on the Water Staff

13. Banned
    I have 25 and 26. 25 stays on boat. Excellent hole shot. Runs 72-73 with two guys full tanks twin talons

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Begafish View Post
    I have a FX20 and run the 27T1 at bout 5800 RPMs at 76.3 mph with premium gas....seems to run faster with premium, also have 26 FXP, runs 6000 RPMs 74.5 mph........Jack plate set at 8 dots.....1 3/4 below pad
    How's your holeshot with a full load?? 2 guys, full tanks, livewells full.. I also only run premium fuel.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterfx View Post
    I have 25 and 26. 25 stays on boat. Excellent hole shot. Runs 72-73 with two guys full tanks twin talons
    Hi skeeterfx, whats your prop to pad measurement?

Thanks

16. Member

17. Banned
    No idea. Atlas Hyd usually set at 11

18. Banned
    It is my opinion that if you are running these boats loaded (fuel etc, maybe 3 guys) and it is summer time (heat) the 25P is the best prop period. When things cool down I will run my 26P but barely gain much speed. The 25P makes the boat so much more responsive with hole shot etc. If I could only have one ideal prop it would be a 251/2 P if that makes sense. Ill sacrifice a little top end for overall performance. I actually had my 25 P turned up to 25.5 if that makes sense? I fish the river, my 26 is a tic faster down stream but my 25 is a tic faster upstream. All and all 25 the best. Like I said, I have twin Talons. Was out the other day with me and a buddy (we are big dudes), tanks 3/4 full cooler etc. I ran 71 up river and 74 down...that works for me. Plus I can hit 6k RPM with the 25P

19. Banned
    I will add when I first got the boat it had the 27P on it. With about 3 gallons of fuel, a life jacket, a throw cushion, and one guy (no tackle etc ,so light) my boat ran 83.2mph down river. River was high (in the spring) but it ran this fast legit GPS. the reality of it is by the time we get all of our chit in the boats they are a low to mid 70's boat. Also, no Talons when boat went 83.2. 27 is way too big unless boat empty and cool weather. Anybody that says they are turning that prop 58-59k id full of chit...just won't do it and boat will actually be slower

I ran a 26 on mine and it had twin power pole blades. Im a big boy 6'5" 260lbs and my boat holds an isle of Bass Pro. With my partner and full fuel going up river in the summer it would run 5700-5800 68-69mph. On the return trip on the 40 mile run with 1/2 fuel and livewells full it would bump 5900 and 71. When it was totally empty and 1/2 tank of fuel it would run 77 without the poles. 2.5" prop to pad
    1998 Triton TR-21 2012 Yamaha 225 SHO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast