Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar

Re: Please Help - Power Light Blinking on control pad (fishthenation)

I visited the former Champ pres in Feb and told him about the change...and he said GOOD MOVE! Aparently the engineers had a big say in these changes...This one has had issues for some.

In one of my posts, I stated that the NEW rigs have gone to the full toggle system...so it is hardly "going back". The toggles do not have the issues the touch pads had. Most of them should be just fine, but the few have caused a change.

As for cost, I wish I knew.,.I am really sorry you have this problem!!!

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by fishthenation &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Is $1,300 for a complete conversion including panels and all components a fair price, or is it crazy? </td></tr></table>

Crazy stupid price!
    See ignorance daily

Re: Please Help - Power Light Blinking on control pad (bassin butch)

Tomorrow morning I will call Freedom Outdoors. If they can't help.....unless anyone has a fantastic idea, will have to purchase the 1,300 system from Ranger. I can't believe it costs that much money for this. Tom C.

4. Banned

I would contact a Legend and Skeeter dealer to see whether there system would be compatible. If you check out there website they appear to be using the same touch pad design on there high end boats. It is worth asking if they use a similiar megalink system..This just pisses me off because every Champ owner who has this megalink is now going to have to fork out serious cash if it fails. I cannot beleive they have no Megalinks left in stock anywhere, somebody has to have a new main hub..

IM sent to Tom (fishthenation)

Steve
    2006 BassCat Puma
    2006 Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Team Daiwa!

6. Banned

Tom - also try talking with the folks at C&O - They were the #1 ChamP dealer in the nation at one time and may have some less costly ideas.....

Re: Please Help - Power Light Blinking on control pad (Gunnar)

I will say: The Legend Touch pad is made by a different manufacturer than the Champ supplier. Therefore will not work on a Champ.

See ignorance daily

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar

Re: Please Help - Power Light Blinking on control pad (Steve 187)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Steve 187 &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">IM sent to Tom (fishthenation)

</td></tr></table>

Is the IM something which might help others, Steve?

Re: Please Help - Power Light Blinking on control pad (Lea)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Lea &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Is the IM something which might help others, Steve? </td></tr></table>

No.............

Steve
    2006 BassCat Puma
    2006 Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Team Daiwa!

10. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar

Re: Please Help - Power Light Blinking on control pad (Steve 187)

Re: Please Help - Power Light Blinking on control pad (Lea)

Hey guys. Here is more information and pictures of the MEGALINK which many of us ELITE owners have in our boats. I still have yet to find the manufacturer!

The Drawings have a company named: UNIFORCE ELECTRONICS, North Little Rock, AR

Reggie Holland mentioned he thought a company with the following name actually manufactures MegaLink: Megatech Electro, a Teleflex company

On the MegaLink unit itself the company name is: KONGSBERG AUTOMOTIVE

There are a variety of #'s on the unit itself. I'm not sure which is the Model #. But I've included these pictures.

For all of us whom own these units, it looks like there are NO REPLACEMENTS in the market, and we will all need to replace our MEGALINK units with the Toggle System from Ranger Parts. CONVERSION KIT #CHMPCONV at $1,284. The reason this conversion kit is needed....it comes with the two panels which fit the Champ along with all of the switches/fuses/tubing/harness.

If anyone has in inside on these MEGALINK units,<u> I'd bet we can get a lot of them sold as back-ups!!!</u>

Bottom line....WE MUST ALL KEEP OUR COMPARTMENTS AS DRY AS POSSIBLE. I'M SURE MY PROBLEM WAS CORROSION.

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
    Modified by fishthenation at 5:59 PM 5/22/2011

Modified by fishthenation at 6:01 PM 5/22/2011

-Kongsberg automotive: 1-478-3418 (swainsburo GA)

1-731-686-0805 (Milan TN)
    See ignorance daily

13. Banned

Re: Please Help - Power Light Blinking on control pad (bassin butch)

Does any one know if this company still makes the Mega link and will it be a matter of replacing the existing megalink with a new one and plug in existing wiring to make it all work again???

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Re: Please Help - Power Light Blinking on control pad (FEARTHETURTLE210)

The problems are going to be, 1) it is going to be a proprietary item meaning they will only sell to the manufacturer of the boat and 2) it's probably no longer in production, since Stratos is no longer using them.

Not trying to rain on the parade here, and I would say it is certainly worth the effort of contacting the mfg. Just stating my experience of trying to source electronic assemblies over the past 35+ years. Oh, and one other thing, I'm right in there with with you guys. I have one in my 07 210.

15. Banned

Re: Please Help - Power Light Blinking on control pad (Tx Champ)

reggie, i have contacted company and have been routed 6 times to diff people. left message with product mgr to hopefully find out if they can or still make em. If not maybe he has a few left in stock or can find someone who does?? Lets hope. I just need to know if i just need the main panel or all new wiring with it to make it work or can i just use my existing wires and mount it and re-plug wires and i am set..That leads me to the main LED push button main control near helm since this is what it all ties into..It may be cheaper just to do the conversion kit..But i would like to have a back up of each if possible..

16. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by FEARTHETURTLE210 &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">reggie, i have contacted company and have been routed 6 times to diff people. left message with product mgr to hopefully find out if they can or still make em. If not maybe he has a few left in stock or can find someone who does?? Lets hope. I just need to know if i just need the main panel or all new wiring with it to make it work or can i just use my existing wires and mount it and re-plug wires and i am set..That leads me to the main LED push button main control near helm since this is what it all ties into..It may be cheaper just to do the conversion kit..But i would like to have a back up of each if possible.. </td></tr></table>

I'm with ya, Bro I wouldn't mind having a spare switch panel either, if it could be had.

I think the big secret to the survival of the unit in the battery compartment, is to keep things dry back there. fishthenation has had some pretty serious moisture issues with his MegaLink, main breaker and TM breaker all showing evidence of corrosion/rust. Makes me think about putting some Damp Rid back there to suck up humidity. However, if you have regular water intrusion, there are other issues to address.

Hey guys. The MegaLink unit I have is located in the rear right, just under where the water can drain into the rear compartment from rain and/or waves. In addition, I had stored my boat on a flat surface, where the water would kinda-puddle in the rear of the boat causing it to be wet.

I now store it inclined, and quickly dry out the rear of the boat.

------------

I did contact CandoMarine and they are also looking for this same MegaLink unit. I've now called and called different divisions of these different companies (ie. Uniforce, Teleflex, and Kongsberg) with no call-backs. I've now asked Ranger if they would be willing to support us with a lower price on the "Toggle" solution, as every one of us whom owns a Champ with a MegaLink will need to go to a new solution eventually. I thought if Ranger takes care of us now, it would give us a nice taste in our mouths about looking at the Stratos Elites and/or Rangers.

18. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Mine has a rubber flap that keeps any water that runs in right there diverted away from the unit. I also store my boat inside. Now, the last time I fished in the rain, I still owned my 176, so that was over 8 years ago ... Kinda tells you how much rain we get in North Central TX

19. Banned

I'm with Reggie, mine has a black flap that covers the Megalink unit from any water dropping right on it. I made several calls to Kongsberg also and got narrowed down to this guy who is suppose to be the Product Manager and would know about this unit but he hasnt returned my call. That will get you 1 day in my book and if he doesnt call me tomorrow up the ladder i go. We just need a simple and HONEST answer to whether these units still exist and are available.

I also left messages at Kongsberg. We should ask if they could make like 10 of them. I'm sure we could get them sold?

Also, if we do get them, I'd like to see a picture of that black flap. Sure does make sense!

I'm hoping Ranger will come through with a lower priced option and/or Kongsberg comes through.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast