Banned

Popping/ratcheting noise while Towing Camper?

Haven't notice these noise in the past while towing from storage facility to campsite about 3-5 miles. A loud popping/ratcheting noise from the hitch area. As long as traveling straight all is ok. When making a slight turn just a pop is heard. When making a turn either left or right into the campground a pop then a ratcheting noise. Can I get any suggestions of what this might be? I made adjustments with the sway-bar nothing. Would this be the ball on the hitch assembly needing to be coated with grease?

Its the sway-bars, where the chains connect to the trailer, its fine, just them doing their jobs. If you hear a groaning noise, a little grease on the ends that connect to the hitch will help.

^^^ What he said.
    ジェラルドの天候
    2021 Ranger 188P 115 Merc CT
    SWMBO ProStaff

4. Banned
    Thanks guys, I will be going back up to lake in a few days and will for sure grease up the areas that are mentioned before towing to a site.

5. Member
    DONT MOVE IT ANOTHER INCH!!!!!!! im just joking its normal....lol
    1999 sprint 207 pro
    2000 mercury efi
    woo tungsten
    Taylormans custom lures
    MC pro nation jerseys

6. Banned
    Just grease the bar ends where they go into the hitch. That's all you can do. They inherently groan in tight turns. No big deal.

7. Banned
    bassfisherman1_2011, You sound just like another Good friend with his suggestions! Ha! Ha! Thanks guys. Heading back up to the lake in a couple day so will do the maintenance.