ZX 200 Ballpark price?

Looking to purchase a new boat. Have it narrowed down to a Pheonix 618 and a Skeeter ZX 200. What is a good ballpark figure out the door with no upgrades? Thanks

2016 ZX200 $44,995 plus any fees your dealer may change. You could likely get 2015 cheaper but it wouldn't have near the options. Hds7's power pole. Etc. Skeeter Boats

3. Member
    idk if there is a whole lot of room to work on these packages or not. I have never been the deal-getter that everyone else is. I suck at negotiating for something i want. I do great on my wife's car but pay damn near sticker for my truck and boat. however, I would give towne marine a shout. When i bought my boat in 2013 their starting price was the best in the country without haggling. They were 6 hours away and my preferred dealership came down halfway to get close to them. I would say starting with them may let you know what is possible.

Skeeter and the dealers know what they have in this package and they seem to be competing directly with Nitro (instead of ranger now). I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing "no haggle, no hassle" listed next to the price. The biggest issue with the zx200 is the zx225 offering makes too much sense. stepping up about $2-3k ($33/mo on a 10 year note) gets you HDS 9s and a center rod locker (no rod storage in the center locker of the zx200). The difference in footprint (tow, storing, parking, launching, trolling, loading) is hardly noticeable but fishing, performance and storage improvements are noticeable. The same could also be said for the next step up but you do have to draw the line at some point.

I love my 200. Before the package pricing the 200 made more sense than the 225, funny how that works.
    JR Hoops
    2015 Ranger Z520C 250ProXS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyt View Post
    Looking to purchase a new boat. Have it narrowed down to a Pheonix 618 and a Skeeter ZX 200. What is a good ballpark figure out the door with no upgrades? Thanks
    I'm actually comparing the Phoenix 618 to the Skeeter TZX190 and Nitro's Z18 (Whenever it is released).

A brand new Phoenix 618 is around 36k with no options added and a 175HP Merc.

TZX190 is around 31K with the 175HPDI

No idea about Nitro's new boat as it isn't released yet.

But I"m in the market as well for something new... the ZX200 package does look like a great deal.

I gotta get the heck outta this tiny Z6!!!
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

5. Member
    As someone who has driven 6 hrs round trip for quality service due to a specific brand, I recommend picking the mechanic, then the brand, then the size. In that order, after the shine wears off and facebook photos scroll off the page, the only thing that will matter is good/great service.
    JR Hoops

6. Member
    Fat1 you are 100% on the money!

service is the key!
    J.T.
    2021 Skeeter ZXR 21
    2021 Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    The 16 is the best your will get for the $$$ now. However, the 16 will drive down the price on 15s and even a stray 14 kicking around. I would expect 15s to be about 41K and 14s to be around 38K. Some dealers will pull the power pole and electronics off for you. I would expect around $2500 for those deductions. So a new 16 zx200 padded deck and Fortrext 80 for 42.5K. however these ZX series are deals that Yamaha/Skeeter has with Lowrance and will come from the factory with those options, so then it is up to your dealer to credit you. This will also leave holes in your dash and bow panels.

It really depends on what you are looking for in a boat though.

I owned two ZX200s and they were solid high-middle tourney boats in every respect...
    I understand they are the #1 model seller or were for years.
    Downsized in 2011 but will go back to the ZX200 (hopefully this fall) now that we are in big water country again..

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

9. Member
    I love my current zx200 and SHO. Unfortunately, my dealer is no longer a dealer or authorized service center and I am not interested in adding an extra 90 minutes to the already 6 hr round trip to get service. I am jumping ship (pun intended) to Ranger tomorrow. The new zx series in these packages are a "new" hull and the top cap config has some changes I really like. I was looking to deal on a zx225 but they never came in, now I know why. Anyway, I believe these packages are hurting trade in for me. This is no one's fault just the nature of the business. I believe in the Skeeter brand and the zx200 is the best all around 19'6". Not the fastest, slowest, cheapest, prettiest, fanciest but it is no slouch either. Combine that with the fact that it is the best fishing platform and you end up with the best all around boat in it's class.
    JR Hoops

I agree...

but something has to give on prices...
    they have zoomed past a nice truck and are now 45-65k...that is unreal.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fat1 View Post
    idk if there is a whole lot of room to work on these packages or not. I have never been the deal-getter that everyone else is. I suck at negotiating for something i want. I do great on my wife's car but pay damn near sticker for my truck and boat. however, I would give towne marine a shout. When i bought my boat in 2013 their starting price was the best in the country without haggling. They were 6 hours away and my preferred dealership came down halfway to get close to them. I would say starting with them may let you know what is possible.

Skeeter and the dealers know what they have in this package and they seem to be competing directly with Nitro (instead of ranger now). I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing "no haggle, no hassle" listed next to the price. The biggest issue with the zx200 is the zx225 offering makes too much sense. stepping up about $2-3k ($33/mo on a 10 year note) gets you HDS 9s and a center rod locker (no rod storage in the center locker of the zx200). The difference in footprint (tow, storing, parking, launching, trolling, loading) is hardly noticeable but fishing, performance and storage improvements are noticeable. The same could also be said for the next step up but you do have to draw the line at some point.

I love my 200. Before the package pricing the 200 made more sense than the 225, funny how that works.

Skeeter is definitely not worried about competing with Nitro. Ranger is their main opponent. When you compare Skeeter to any other boat manufacturer, they have the best prices with standard feature content. When you go back in and add the $ amount to the other brands for the options that Skeeter has standard, there is no question Skeeter is the best priced boat with feature content. Not including it's reliability, warranties, and top notch performance.

Also Jeremy, don't forget about the $1500 cash rebate that you'll get with the ZX200, 225, or 250. Get you a bug!

12. Member
    Thanks for the replies. Definitely gonna be looking hard and may wait until the winter boat shows to pull the trigger.

13. Member
    Too bad you live in North Carolina, I am selling my 2011 ZX 200 Dual console with all the ZX bells and whistles and I put a HB 798 HD CI/SI at the console and a HB 728 at the bow. Yamaha 200 HPSI Series 2 with less than 40 hours on the motor, tandum trailer with chrome wheels, spare tire, break away tongue. Adjustable steering wheel, tilt/trim on the steering column, Heavy duty cover, Garage Kept, etc. Need the money instead of the rig. Paid over 39k in 2012 will sell for 32k. Looks new drives like new without the extra cost of a new one.

14. Member
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fat1 View Post
    As someone who has driven 6 hrs round trip for quality service due to a specific brand, I recommend picking the mechanic, then the brand, then the size. In that order, after the shine wears off and facebook photos scroll off the page, the only thing that will matter is good/great service.
    I agree, if you are buying a model you are not comfortable with. I drove 5.5 hrs. to pick up my ZX200 (from Towne Marine - AWESOME guys by the way, highly recommend them) with a 200 SHO and have had no issues that either I could not fix on my own (some boat repairs) or motor maintenance with a dealer (from a local shop with a Yamaha Master Tech). Even with the horror stories around the SHO.

If you find the boat you want at the price you want (and you don't mind driving a little) you can find people who can fix it. I love Skeeter, but Phoenix makes a beautiful boat and you probably won't have a problem finding a shop that will work on a Mercury.
    Scott Doughty
    2022 Skeeter ZX225 - 2022 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Salem, NH

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doogie01801 View Post
    I agree, if you are buying a model you are not comfortable with. I drove 5.5 hrs. to pick up my ZX200 (from Towne Marine - AWESOME guys by the way, highly recommend them) with a 200 SHO and have had no issues that either I could not fix on my own (some boat repairs) or motor maintenance with a dealer (from a local shop with a Yamaha Master Tech). Even with the horror stories around the SHO.

If you find the boat you want at the price you want (and you don't mind driving a little) you can find people who can fix it. I love Skeeter, but Phoenix makes a beautiful boat and you probably won't have a problem finding a shop that will work on a Mercury.
    I was told by one dealer that they could get any boat I wanted even if it was in another dealers inventory the way I understood it. I too want a ZX200 and the dealer I am wanting deal with doesn't have one in stock right now but there are a few dealers in my region that do. I'm hoping they can get one boat in particular from another dealer. Also be on the lookout for a new old stock boat. There are new 2014 ZX200's out there that can be had for $39k...............

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavisjr View Post
    I'm actually comparing the Phoenix 618 to the Skeeter TZX190 and Nitro's Z18 (Whenever it is released).

A brand new Phoenix 618 is around 36k with no options added and a 175HP Merc.

TZX190 is around 31K with the 175HPDI

No idea about Nitro's new boat as it isn't released yet.

But I"m in the market as well for something new... the ZX200 package does look like a great deal.

I gotta get the heck outta this tiny Z6!!!
    I had the Z6 package by Nitro. I purchases a 2013 ZX200 new from dealer. Major difference in performance and comfort. I have a couple of buddies with Z9's and the ride by Skeeter is smoother and more controlled. I wanted a Phoenix but at the time hardly any dealers had stock of models. Glad I purchased the Skeeter just wish it had all the items the new ones come with now. I purchased a Federation Nation Model but unsure if there was any changes or standard features between std ZX200 and my model.

Good Luck

Dan