Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jldean23 View Post
    Yea troy I am just meaning the 93sv. Seems the upper Garmin's do well the chirp models,semper di from the hulltruth lied to me as well said you can see fish well and he wouldn't take the unit back after 2 months.
    Lol he told me yea 200khz looks good and you can see fish well on side vu when all along he had never had a 93sv he had the upper chirp 7610 I think.
    So he lied to make a sale pretty much.
    You must of had a bad unit or bad install. I have 2 93sv units on my bass boat and have no issues seeing bass crappie and bluegill using sv. Boat speed in the 3.2 mph range and the fish stand out like grains of rice. Clear as can be even in direct sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by jldean23 View Post
    All of them flickr images is of the high dollar chirp units?? I'm telling you now these units are not fish finders they are good detail side vu gps chartplotter not a fish finder!! I sold my 93sv and guys I talked to many many gamin mangers and then a product designer that finally told me the truth, you will never ever see fish on the side vu no update can fix it yo u can only see good fish on the chirp units side vu and down vu.

Regardless if you see a perfect detailed stump or rocks or etc and you go over it with 200khz in 20th of water and all you see is blobs and no arch to give you info on if bye size it's bass or crappie and then it doesn't show on down vu what's the point? I tried the ping pong and tennis ball test and got nothing on all frequencys. Guys I spent many many hours moving ducer calling gamin and etc got told in the end if I wanted to find more fish I needed to take a loss and get a upper chirp model, you will be happy with gps, the detail on side vu but if you want to find fish you will be sadly disappointed. And make for super sure if you just got one that you get rid of it to dealer before 2 months or you are stuck with it even though gamin lies to you what this unit can do when it can't in any way shape or form....they will not honor your brand new product and take it back.

Just my luck my hds the 2d ducer is bad or processor is bad have to wait but at least they will switch it out and sending me a new ducer and a discount code for a hdi ducer if this doesn't work or get a replacement, and at lest there ppl know what yourr unit should do and not lie about it and actually help if you need it..
    I've got a 43dv that I'm certain I've got screen shots with fish in them. It's non chirp also. I'll have to dig some up.

Just checked some sonar recordings from the 43dv. I couldn't find the stills anywhere for some reason, but I have hours of dv recordings and hundreds or even thousands of fish showing up on my little $300 43dv.
    Last edited by Bass newb; 02-04-2016 at 08:10 PM.

So I took my boat out to go fishing for some screen shots. I barely could find any fish anywhere, but I finally did run up on a school of baitfish and got some screen shots as well as my first bass on my new boat. I had side view, down view, and two frequencies of traditional sonar going and I can see fish in every single one of these frames. I'm just humpty dumb@$$ when it comes to this sonar stuff. I haven't figured anything out yet, but I sure as hell see fish on my side and down views on my Garmin 73sv non-chirp model.

Hold on, this stupid computer won't let me get the links to pbucket because "flash player is out of date". Going to my phone.

Last edited by Bass newb; 02-06-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Why does that Si (to the side of the boat) better than the 7600 series? Water column and Di still suck. Fish everywhere on 2d and barely a smudge on Si and Di. Yall cant even argue that

Sorry to be so frank but I dont get how such quality units with great features have such bad imaging in Si water column and Di. Makes no sense
    So I don't find this to be even remotely true. Just look at my screen shot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234