Atlas jackplate HELP.

Went out today and Atlas jackplate would not go up or down. No noise or sounds as I pushed the lever. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ernie

2. Member
    Check for power?

3. Member
    Blown fuse by jackplate control panel in bilge area.

4. Member
    that happened to me last fall. Come to find out water had got in my pump a ruined it and my boat wasn't even a year old. They sent a new pump but still had pay for labor to have it installed.

Son traced it to a fuse that was out.

Thanks for the replies.

Ernie

6. Member
    Use some dielectric grease on the ends on the fuse. I had this problem on my 721 but my fuse was fine. The problem was corrosion on the fuse and where the fuse plugs in.
    2021 Phoenix 21Phx DC 250 Pro Xs 12" Atlas (4) Garmin 1006sv 112 Ultrex, C-channle, SeaDeck
    2018 Phoenix 721 ProXp 250 250 Yamaha SHO
    2015 Phoenix 920 ProXP 250 Merc
    2011 Phoenix 721 ProXP 250 Merc

7. Member
    Strange but true! My Atlas jack plate quit on me Thursday morning with a total of 25 minutes on break in of new motor on new 921 XP. I traced the wires from electric motor on jack plate back into bilge area and found the fuse holder. Half expected to find the 40 amp fuse blown. Instead found the fuse had backed out of the holder. Pushed it back in and jack plate now works.

8. Member
    So question my jack plate will go up but won’t go down when I flip the wire connectors To blue to green if I press up it will go down is this a relay is on the harness connected to battery or could this be a fuses also it was working earlier today

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tneal903 View Post
    So question my jack plate will go up but won’t go down when I flip the wire connectors To blue to green if I press up it will go down is this a relay is on the harness connected to battery or could this be a fuses also it was working earlier today
    Relay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tneal903 View Post
    Replace the relay with one from Bob's, that one will work and the mounting holes are the same. You'll have to reverse the blue and green wires is the only install difference. The Atlas relays don't seem to hold up.