Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite under 30 a dozen ball

I don't much like paying more than 30 a dozen for balls. I've tried most all of them other than the callaway super softs. Was considering buying a box, anyone like them?

Lately I've been playing the wilson duo spins, like them more than any of the other balls that I've tried (nxt, dt solo, warbird, q-star, hex chrome, and one other I don't remember). Bright side they don't cost much, and play as long as any of the balls mentioned, down side is they are often out of stock in the stores around me. Of course they don't spin like a pro v1, but at a 1/3rd of the cost I'm ok with that.

Supersofts walmart always has in stock, as does the other sporting goods store. Just wondering if any one has tried them and liked them.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

2. Fishing is a Passion
    I recently found the Nike 20XI tour level spin for $19.00 at wally world, normally $29.00. I really like this ball, good distance and stops well on the green.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Look at Snell. They are $32 but have free shipping. They also have a cheaper 2 piece ball.
    The guy who helped develop the Pro V and Taylor Made Project (a) went on his own and developed his own ball this year.
    Snell Golf | TOUR PROVEN TECHNOLOGY @ DIRECT TO CONSUMER PRICES! | TOUR PROVEN TECHNOLOGY @ DIRECT TO CONSUMER PRICES!
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    Look at Snell. They are $32 but have free shipping. They also have a cheaper 2 piece ball.
    The guy who helped develop the Pro V and Taylor Made Project (a) went on his own and developed his own ball this year.
    Snell Golf | TOUR PROVEN TECHNOLOGY @ DIRECT TO CONSUMER PRICES! | TOUR PROVEN TECHNOLOGY @ DIRECT TO CONSUMER PRICES!
    Interesting, I have never heard of them. Is this a new start up or a name change/purchase of another company?
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    Interesting, I have never heard of them. Is this a new start up or a name change/purchase of another company?
    New start up this year. His own gig. His own design. He is involved in his company. Got a personal thank you note with my last purchase and he answers emails.
    It's a small company and one of 3 small ball companies who is not getting sued by acushnet (titleist) for patent issues. I think it's in regard to dimple design the others are getting sued.
    On their site he does have the 2 sleeves of 2 piece surlyn cover and 2 sleeves of 3 piece urethane cover you can buy in one box. Testing pack he calls it.

6. T Dub
    I've started buying used mint condition balls online to save money. It makes me sick to hit a bad shot and lose $4+ a pop. I still like the Pro V1x best, but I prefer a yellow golf ball so I've been dying them chartreuse. That got old pretty quick so I switched to the nxt tour s yellow a couple rounds ago. So far so good.

7. Banned
    Whatever I find in the woods. Found 28 in 5 minutes when I played with father in law a few weeks ago. When I'm being held up by groups I wander into the woods for balls.

8. Member
    Love looking for golf balls....the way I'm going through them lately I better start looking more.

I like the Bridgestone E-6...

10. Member
    Bridgestone E5's under $30
    Bridgestone B330RXS over $30

11. Banned
    Main thing to consider is the construction - for me a 3-piece ball makes a huge difference in feel and the spin really helps with my short game, yet also has a layer in it that somehow reduces driver spin.

Most budget/value balls are 2-piece, the 3-piece costs a little extra. The best deal on a 3-piece ball is the Top Flite Gamer at $20, for an extra $5 you can get the Gamer Tour with the urethane cover for higher green-side spin and even softer feel.

Buy a box of the Top Flite Gamer and play it side by side with a 2-piece ball......you will DEFINITELY notice a difference.

Top Flite Gamer Tour:
    Top Flite Golf | Top Flite Gamer Tour Golf Ball

I play the Bridgestone Tour B330-RXS...on the shelf in retail stores they are over 30 bucks, but you can find and purchase them in volumes of 3 dozen or more for less than $30.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

13. Member
    Try the Calloway super soft. I really like them.

14. Member
    I have played Snell golf balls. The "my tour ball" is a great ball!!! Dean Snell was an engineer for Titleist and Taylor Made. He started his own company. I found one of his balls on the course and it felt really soft. Put it in the bag and got home and researched it. It is a legit ball!! Played with it and ordered some. Free shipping and no taxes.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

15. Member
    Also try: Top Flite Gamer, Gamer Tour, Bridgestone E5 or E6, Wilson Staff Duo and Duo Spin, Taylor Made Aero Pro is currently being sold at Dick's for $45 per 2 dozen and it is a great ball as well.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

16. Member
    I went ahead and ordered a dozen Snell balls. I like the feel of a lower compression ball coming off forged irons. Here's review on My Golf Spy, states compression is 80-85

Snell Golf - Golf Ball Buyer Guide

17. Fishing is a Passion
    EddieC, Could you give us a review after using them a bit.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    I certainly will!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    I've been playing Snell balls since April. It's a straight ball. Has good spin on wedges but not crazy spin. Nice off the driver with low spin.
    Urethane cover is durable. Been using the same ball for 2 1/2 rounds(83,84,40) just to see how beat up I can get it. The cover is in good shape but the logo is starting to wear. Tomorrow I'm playing a very tight course so I'll see if I can not loose it!

Last order I bought the testing pack (2get some 2 my tour ball) to try the surlyn 2 piece "get some". Played a half a round with the surlyn and it wasn't bad. Had a little trouble trying to get spin with the wedges as it ran out more which is expected. Didn't stay as straight with the driver compared to the my tour ball.

20. Member
    Last time I played a month ago I bought a dozen Nitro balls. It was like 18.00 for a dozen. I suck at golf and they were the cheapest ball that matched the boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast