Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    US 1.pngUS 2.pngUS 3.png

Barramundi on the side, Snapping handbag on the side and pretty much every species in Northern Terriotory on the down hahaha
    Have livescope as well, that thing is amazing, unfortunatly i have a u;tra which can't record Livescope.
    All stock settings with just the scroll set to 8.

Deano

2. Member
    Wow, that downvu image is super clear!

3. Member
    LOL, Snapping Handbag.
    I thought you was talking about some Australian fish. I goggle it and its a dang crock!
    That looks like a big one!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    LOL, Snapping Handbag.
    I thought you was talking about some Australian fish. I goggle it and its a dang crock!
    That looks like a big one!
    Hahah, He was about 3m....oh i mean 10 foot :)

We were in a really remote part, those crocs have probably never seen a boat before, it came right up to us and nudged the outboard, cheeky bastard.
    Last edited by deanojg; 11-15-2019 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Spelling

5. Member

6. Member
    nice looking downvu images

Hi,

Can anyone post sidevu and downvu images after last update? Are these really improved as stated in release notes? Does this change affect all transducers or only new GT54?

8. Member
    I run a Echomap Ultra 106sv with the gt54UHD transducer and the gls10 and svl32 livescope add on for walleye in 20 to 35 feet of water, can anyone tell me how to post cell phone pictures to this site?

Quote Originally Posted by hangman828 View Post

Excellent DI. Please show us more of your images

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

10. Member
    Looking for help here. Boat: 2020 Aluminum Excel 1860 StalkerSC. Garmin unit: Echomap Plus 93SV/GT52. I purchased the boat used.
    Condition: While fishing using spot lock I get the image below. Of course it's not calm water, it never is in Texas.
    Does anyone have recommendations on how to clear this up? To me, it seems to be going with the waves or movement of the boat.
    IMG_1122.jpeg

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Have you tried it on 455kHz?? Does it do the same in shallow water??
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Have you tried it on 455kHz?? Does it do the same in shallow water??
    The kHz doesn't make any difference. What depth would you consider shallow? I'm fairly certain it's only happening while we're fishing with the Minn Kota spot lock holding us.

13. Member
    You need to be moving in order to get nice looking SideVu and DownVu images.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamMule View Post
    You need to be moving in order to get nice looking SideVu and DownVu images.
    If this is true it needs to be plainly stated and easy to understand by anyone wanting these devices! I have seen older units look fine in the same scenario with similar imaging (8 year old units). There must be a way to resolve the issue or Garmin is going to have a huge problem. It's unacceptable in my opinion.

Image of my brand new Ultra 126sv image while using spot lock and actively fishing. Not good no matter the conditions. Echomap Ultra 126sv copy.jpeg

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    If this is true it needs to be plainly stated and easy to understand by anyone wanting these devices! I have seen older units look fine in the same scenario with similar imaging (8 year old units). There must be a way to resolve the issue or Garmin is going to have a huge problem. It's unacceptable in my opinion.

Image of my brand new Ultra 126sv image while using spot lock and actively fishing. Not good no matter the conditions. Echomap Ultra 126sv copy.jpeg
    Depth makes little difference, it's the same in 18ft. of water. It's the boat movement (rocking) that is the cause (I think). I can't imagine a sea vessel using this with the size of the waves out there.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post

Side and down imaging have always required movement to produce an image. It's not a cone shaped beam like 2D sonar, it's a wide flat beam that takes slices of the bottom to produce an image as the boat moves. You're also going to see those aberrations in the images if the boat is rocking. I can't imagine there is any way to get rid of that unless you mount the transducer on a gimbal.

17. Member
    When you stop moving switch to standard 2D
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Side and down imaging have always required movement to produce an image. It's not a cone shaped beam like 2D sonar, it's a wide flat beam that takes slices of the bottom to produce an image as the boat moves. You're also going to see those aberrations in the images if the boat is rocking. I can't imagine there is any way to get rid of that unless you mount the transducer on a gimbal.
    I understand. In all my years of fishing I just can't believe that's an actual thing on a unit that's this expensive and "smart". I've never seen anything like this on other boats. Maybe I'll take all my flotation out and make my aluminum boat get deeper in that water, lol. craziness.

19. Member
    Traditional "2D", exact same issue. I'm going to mount the transducer dead center on the hull and see if that helps at all.

126sv conv sonar 1.jpg

Current transducer location, FYI.

56uhd transd mount1.jpg

20. Member
    I wouldn’t do that, can cause turbulence for the motor and make it ventilate.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast