Thread: Fish ID?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    This thread is very stale but I thought I would see if I could "bump" it and get updated thoughts about FishID on the Solix (and Onix) with the latest 3.230 software. There were several fixes to FishID in this release, most notably the fix for the transposed depth readout digits. I have tried it a few times but it still seems to be pretty unreliable for me.

Supposedly, it is supposed to detect fish bladders but, in my case, it is constantly marking "blobs" of bait fish as a fish on FishID. I know they are bait fish from both the DI and SI images so I can't really rely on the FishID icons to be true indications of fish. It does seem to mark the fish but it also seems to mark things that are not fish as well.

Just wondering if anybody is making good use out of FishID these days.
    Last edited by SLYDoggie; 08-03-2018 at 10:56 PM. Reason: typo correction
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    This thread is very stale but I thought I would see if I could "bump" it and get updated thoughts about FishID on the Solix (and Onix) with the latest 3.230 software. There were several fixes to FishID in this release, most notably the fix for the transposed depth readout digits. I have tried it a few times but it still seems to be pretty unreliable for me.

Supposedly, it is supposed to detect fish bladders but, in my case, it is constantly marking "blobs" of bait fish as a fish on FishID. I know they are bait fish from both the DI and SI images so I can't really rely on the FishID icons to be true indications of fish. It does seem to mark the fish but it also seems to mark things that are not fish as well.

Just wondering if anybody is making good use out of FishID these days.
    It's always on with all my units, shows fish and I catch fish. Shows where there are no fish so I don't just fish without a chance of catching. I don't need casting practice.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Me either.

I can hang a Senko on an outboard skip-shooting almost any dock with ease!!!!!

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678