2001 225 optimax TPI testing

Hi Don I spoke to ya today on the phone about the optimax 225 with wiring issues when checking the TPI sensor (unplugged) with a digital multimeter results are as follows black meter led to blkorange wire red meter led to light blue white -4.81 If I remember correctly you said blkorange was a 5volt ground I also checked purpleyellow (red led) to light blue white (black led) which showed 4.88. Considering the wiring issues that I have corrected and going by the polarity my meter is showing is this an indication my ecm is fried and instead of being 5 volt ground it is shorted to 5volt reference inside ecm

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Welcome to BBC!

Already answered your PM (identical to the above).

Test voltage from the Black w/orange stripe to the Purple/Yellow (sensor unplugged).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor