Nitro 929 Restoration

I made a 3,600 mile round trip from CA to Louisiana just under 2 months ago and I just finished restoring her over the weekend. When I first purchased it I only had plans to buy new seats
    and give her a good detail but I knew I wouldn't be happy with just that. So I did the Seats, carpet, repair fenders, paint and repair trailer, paint console's, recess pedal, new trailer
    lights, pedestal bases, bow roller, winch and few more things. Lot's of little details went into this.

Before

After fixing cranks and sanding

After 2nd base coat (spray can from HD)

Next day hit the fenders with Rustoleum Glitter from HD. 2 cans on each fender

What it looked like after 2 cans of glitter before clear coating. I ended up finding an auto body shop(out of their garage) for a professional clear coat job. 3 coats for $100
    Cheap and they did a really good job.

Replacement decals I made.

After (10-12 days or work over a course of 7 weeks)

I used 20oz carpet/27feet and was just enough for the whole boat.
    I ended up using 2 gallons of adhesive which included the the backside of the fenders.

Console looked like new after paint

Still need to patch holes and throwing on an Oval nitro decal

R&R Recess pedal installed. Kept all my electronics from my previous 17' boat I sold a week before purchasing 929.

Fenders pop out really nice in the day light

Used vinyl to cover my blue 12' Talon. Will be adding a 2nd talon shortly

After I took these shots I did some wet sanding on the top portion of the hull above the rubber where the gloss was 50-50 and the boat
    looks like a new boat. I started with 800,1000,1500,2000 and used 3M rubbing compound followed by Turtle hard Shell

Hard to tell on this picture but it shines like a brand new penny. I am very happy with the outcome & Will finally get her on the water tomorrow

2. Member
    Nice work!

3. Fishing is a Passion
    Very Nice
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

4. Member
    Looks great. Nice work. How'd you like doing to carpet? Haha. I'm right in the middle of my boat, and I'm worn out. Lol.
    2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

5. Banned
    ... Dan

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowellSixO View Post
    Looks great. Nice work. How'd you like doing to carpet? Haha. I'm right in the middle of my boat, and I'm worn out. Lol.
    I'm glad that part is over with. It's time consuming, messy and beats up your body. Now I get to rest
    Post some pictures when your done

7. Member
    I've got pics of mine under the restoration forum. It's the 02 triton tr21 freshen up thread. I've got the back of the boat completely done, and most of the front. I've got 2 rod lockers and a storage lid left. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Haha
    2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowellSixO View Post
    I've got pics of mine under the restoration forum. It's the 02 triton tr21 freshen up thread. I've got the back of the boat completely done, and most of the front. I've got 2 rod lockers and a storage lid left. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Haha
    Light at they end of the tunnel! I said that so many times hahaha! Looking good though. Did you carpet the inside of the rod lockers n tackle compartments? I didn't seems like
    way more much work. I just cleaned up the old carpet

Nice Job! I like the red fenders!
    2003 Nitro 929 / 225 EFI
    Del Norte Bass Anglers