Post 250 Pro XS Holeshot Problems / Unlike any others I've seen

2008 250 Pro XS

Hoping to find help here, as my dealer is unable to locate the problem. I have read many similar problems on these posts, but nothing exactly like mine.

Most of the time, my motor runs great. About 1 out of 5 times while fishing throughout the day, my holeshot spits and sputters around 3500 - 4000 rpm. You can come off the throttle and put it back in neutral, and when you reaccelerate it will do the same thing. However, if you put it back in neutral, turn the key off. Count to 3 and restart it, the holeshot is good. This fixes the problem every single time. Dealer has replaced coils, and plugs. Didn't help. Dealer did find dirt around the reed valve, but I don't think that is related either. I plan on replacing the Throttle position indicator this week, but I am very frustrated as my dealer can't figure this out. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you!

You need to post your motors serial number for them to help you.
    Ranger R70 Mercury 115

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Welcome to BBC!

Please see the Sticky at the top of the forum, and provide your Engine Serial Number.

There is also a dedicated 3L Forum (just a couple down the forum list).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor