2002 Javelin 170 FS

hey guys, newbie here the forum...I'm looking at a javelin 170 fs, and try as I might, I can't find any information on the rod locker, only that it has one...does anyone know what length rod I can store in there? I normally fish 7' rods, but I was wanting to get a 7'6" flipping stick, and I have no idea if I will be able to take that out with me on a boat that isn't a dedicated bass platform...thanks!

2. Member
    hey Dave...is this boat in Tampa area?

And Welcome to BBC!
    BOB GASKINS TARPON SPRINGS,FL
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

3. Banned
    I have a DC model, but the hull is the same on the FS.... and I have the center rod box. A 7'6" flipping stick will fit, and 7 footers fit with ease, but all my rods are in rod sleeves to protect the tips. I have no trouble fitting them in that way. All told, I have about 8 baitcaster combos and 3 spinning, with room to fit 3 to 4 more.

You can't go much longer than that, though, because you will be up against the wiring for the bow light and trim switch.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob20 View Post
    hey Dave...is this boat in Tampa area?

And Welcome to BBC!
    hi! no, it's in Summerville, SC

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    I have a DC model, but the hull is the same on the FS.... and I have the center rod box. A 7'6" flipping stick will fit, and 7 footers fit with ease, but all my rods are in rod sleeves to protect the tips. I have no trouble fitting them in that way. All told, I have about 8 baitcaster combos and 3 spinning, with room to fit 3 to 4 more.

You can't go much longer than that, though, because you will be up against the wiring for the bow light and trim switch.

perfect, thanks! 7'6" is all I will ever need...thanks so much!

6. Member
    Hi Dave. Did you purchase the 2002 Javelin 170 fs? I just inherited this same boat and I have a question. Hoping you or someone else can help this sad, but excited 1st time boat owner.

7. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    His last activity on BBC was in 2015.