Thread: Putting slump

Putting slump

I've always been a good putter and pretty much never put a bad roll on the ball. I've burned every lip in the tri-state for 2 weeks now...FRUSTRATING!!!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

2. Member
    I feel your pain, My dad always says they will write "if he could only putt" on my tombstone. I just suck at it, it haunted me when I use to play on the high school varsity team and I still have no feel on the greens.

3. Member
    try a different putter.

4. Member
    Just put one of those newer bigger handles on putter....like it!!

Stand closer to the ball with your eyes directly over the ball. It will keep you on line better.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

6. Member
    Check out a putting training aid called The Putting Arc. I had always been taught that the putting stroke should be straight back, straight through, club face pointing at the cup; however, if you keep your wrists locked and putt with your shoulders, a precisely "straight back straight through" stroke is not possible due to human anatomy. Simply put, shoulders rotate and don't swing like a pendulum. the Putting Arc grooves an inside-impact-inside clubhead path that helps you be more accurate as well as get better contact with the ball. If I had a nickel for every time I stubbed a putt, hit it off the toe, heel etc etc, I wouldn't have to work any more. After using the Putting Arc for about two weeks, my yips were gone and putting became fun again.....it almost felt like being a sniper on the greens instead of hit and hope. At first, I tried to fix putting problems by buying new putters and while there may have been a temporary psychological boost, it didn't last. At the end of the day, all putters the same: clubhead, grip, shaft and that's it. A buddy of mine has been using the same Ping Answer for over 25 years and he won't part with it for all the tea in China.

7. Member
    Last year I joined a CC that has Champions Bermuda greens, I grew up on Bent greens. I have had a Ping Answer since my Jr year in high school 88' I could not putt them for the life of me. Made the switch to a heavier "two ball" and I have been making everything!

8. Member
    I have had the same problem the last couple of rounds. Played 9 holes the other day and hit 6 GIR and 2 putted them all. I am currently using a mallet style putter but going back to the blade for my next outing. I know it's me, but I like to blame the putter.
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc

9. Banned
    I was the worst putter on the planet... and a .1 handicap. I switched to the Directed Force Putter and now I am one of the better putters I play with or against. It's amazing technology. Google it or search YouTube for the video. Directed Force Putter.. AMAZING!