Thread: gems

Lightbulb gems

I know people that invest in diamonds and minerals is this something to look into?

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I would think of gems like art work. Beautiful to look at, you pay an arm and a leg for it but eventually you have to find someone who is willing to pay more for it. If investing in gems becomes popular, then it might become easier to sell.
    I think I would rather have a safe full of diamonds than gold. But only because it would be pretty cool.

I would invest in gems if I was on the run and needed to carry my assets with. "El Chapo" Guzman may want to consider that.

4. Member
    I worded this wrong. Met to say stock in gem and metals company's. Know a guy who has almost one million shares

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    You mean like FCX? a miner. I'm not familiar with any public companies that mine gems, do you have some some stock symbols or company names, I could look at? Sounds interesting.
    As far as the gold, silver, and other metal stocks and miners, I won't touch until there is a change in the fundamentals of the commodity space. I expect them to see more pressure as the dollar strengthens.