Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I replaced the speedometer with the MercMonitor. Didn't need it anyway. Mercury motors use the "CAN" communication protocol instead of the NMEA 2000 used on other outboards so you have to have a gateway to change the protocol. You can purchase one without the MercMonitor and hook directly to your HDS but I don't know if it displays all the same functions as the MercMonitor. Don Weed can advise you on that. I don't think an HDS12 would fit well on the console but the 9 inch is perfect. I see that Randy with Precision Sonar weighed in with some photo's, he is a good guy to work with. On the bow unit, I use the Precision Sonar unit shown in Randy's pictures except I have the shorter one. However I wish I had the taller one and for sure on a 2015 you need that one since your pedal tray comes all the way to the front and you will need the extra height to clear the tool holder. The picture shows my old HDS mounted on the bow but it shows the eLocks I use for security on the current HDS9T. You will also notice that I drilled a hole through the mounting bracket and installed a lock. I also attached the sonar bracket to the deck with security screws and locknuts under the deck so you have to remove the trolling motor tray to remove the sonar bracket. I also have a lock-R-Bar covering all the deck hatches. My boat resides on a lift in my boat stall and I don't want to have to remove all the gear every night.Attachment 188176

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat49 View Post
    Your going to LOVE it!!!! I know it will seem like an eternity but it will be worth the wait.
    Already counting the days...sigh!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ckeck View Post
    Already counting the days...sigh!
    They have a app for that. I think its called "countdown". Put in the date and it tells you the amount of time left. Months,weeks,days,hours,minutes,seconds. It also can do it in reverse...time since. It's pretty cool.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat49 View Post
    They have a app for that. I think its called "countdown". Put in the date and it tells you the amount of time left. Months,weeks,days,hours,minutes,seconds. It also can do it in reverse...time since. It's pretty cool.
    That is just going to make it worse :)

5. Member
    Just got the word that my order was "locked in" and production will start the week after Labor Day. Hope those guys are refreshed after a long weekend and knock out an extra good build that week :)

I also just ordered a new rt188 . I was told September. But I have been seeing adds online from dealers that have the 2016's in stock so I am guessing they are in full production .The dealer said he would give me a build date but so far no word. Your up grades are about the same. One thing I have found is its cheaper to upgrade than to buy and install. I got a couple bucks credit for the standard sonar and trolling motor .
    I own a 190tx now and looked real hard at the 195tx its a little bigger than the rt and has a 150 on it . But! No where near the quality . Plus my 2006 190 is worn out . lids and floors flex and plumbing and carpet is shot . It's stored in doors but I am on the water 3 days a week. I don't think it was made to be use that hard .
    I have a 12' talon now the dealer is going to switch over. The Talon is noisy. I have never use all 12'. Not sure it was worth the extra money. I've never got it stuck unlike what I have seen with the power pole . No Pump but the Talon weights 55 lbs (not sure of power poles weight) and is hanging a foot off the back of the boat which changed the ride of the 190tx.
    The only thing I wish was offered is a padded front deck.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lilduckx3 View Post
    I also just ordered a new rt188 . I was told September. But I have been seeing adds online from dealers that have the 2016's in stock so I am guessing they are in full production .The dealer said he would give me a build date but so far no word. Your up grades are about the same. One thing I have found is its cheaper to upgrade than to buy and install. I got a couple bucks credit for the standard sonar and trolling motor .
    I own a 190tx now and looked real hard at the 195tx its a little bigger than the rt and has a 150 on it . But! No where near the quality . Plus my 2006 190 is worn out . lids and floors flex and plumbing and carpet is shot . It's stored in doors but I am on the water 3 days a week. I don't think it was made to be use that hard .
    I have a 12' talon now the dealer is going to switch over. The Talon is noisy. I have never use all 12'. Not sure it was worth the extra money. I've never got it stuck unlike what I have seen with the power pole . No Pump but the Talon weights 55 lbs (not sure of power poles weight) and is hanging a foot off the back of the boat which changed the ride of the 190tx.
    The only thing I wish was offered is a padded front deck.
    Congrats on your order -- I'd bet you'll hear something soon. I just got the update myself and seems pretty close to delivery, so you never know. Looks like this is about 6-7 weeks since the actual order was placed.

I won't have nearly as much time on the water as yourself, but if I'm going to spend this kind of money I'd rather buy quality that I know will last, or at least retain more of it's value if I don't use it as I "hope" to :)

Thanks for the comments on the Talon. I'm really wanting one but might not do it right away. Not cheap and I don't necessarily want them to pull the motor to install a sandwich bracket. About the noise, have they not come out with a newer model recently? I was thinking about the 10' option since it's external height is about the same as the 8ft (or even less?).

Electronics I got a deal on that saved me a ton over factory install...and Ranger wouldn't install an HDS-9 on the console anyways. Shouldn't be too hard to mount both the console and bow units myself and set up a NEMA2000 network w/ the MercMonitor. I've done hundreds of complex network installs to varying degrees (computer networking), so I'm certain I can figure it out!

This whole connector bar with terminators reminds me of ancient token ring networks. Seems antiquated, but if it works that's cool I guess.

8. Member
    Thought my boat was going into production this upcoming week...looks like it's actually done and leaving the factory next week and dealer said I could take delivery next Fri/Sat! Too bad it wasn't this long weekend :(

9. Member
    Nice. Make sure you post pics.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdemarse View Post
    Nice. Make sure you post pics.
    Will do! I'll snap some just before I start the process of figuring out how to get this in my garage that is 1-2' too short.

Set trailer at an angle, got it. Turn engine to one side, got it. GONNA BE CLOSE!

11. Member
    Congrats. I bought one on Monday, It will be ready to pick up Saturday. Same color, trolling motor and Mercury 4s. I went with the manual plate over the hyd jackplate though. Maybe one day I will get one.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Congrats. I bought one on Monday, It will be ready to pick up Saturday. Same color, trolling motor and Mercury 4s. I went with the manual plate over the hyd jackplate though. Maybe one day I will get one.
    I noticed that very few people actually got the hyd jackplate after I ordered a got a bit worried. Any reason NOT to do it aside from cost? I guess it's not NEEDED but figured the flexibility would be nice to have.

And awesome...looks like we'll have twin boats :)

13. Member
    Well never mind then, apparently it showed up today/yesterday and has already been lake tested. Just needs to be detailed and it's ready to go!

14. Member
    No reason, other than I didn't want to spend $1000 on it.

15. Member
    IMG_1542.jpgIMG_4188.jpgIMG_7833.jpg

Boat hasn't been detailed yet after lake/water testing but had them send me a few quick pics.

Edit: sorry about the oddly rotated pics...will get that fixed!
    Last edited by ckeck; 09-03-2015 at 11:22 PM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ckeck View Post
    Will do! I'll snap some just before I start the process of figuring out how to get this in my garage that is 1-2' too short.

Set trailer at an angle, got it. Turn engine to one side, got it. GONNA BE CLOSE!
    Looks great. Remember you can also lower the tongue down and gain a few inches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12