Love Hate relationship.

My favorite day trade stock is Under Armour. It hit $89.50 1st of the week (big climb). Came from around $85 the day before.
    I just couldn't make myself short it at $89.....SO, I've just been watching it all week.
    Sure enough, fell back down to $85 yesterday and I was ALL IN at $85.30.
    Then it dropped some more and finally ended up closing yesterday at $85.35.

I get here this morning and watch it go to $86.65 and I SELL SELL SELL!!!

Now I get to sit here and watch it as it hits $87.60..........

(I'm an idiot)
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

2. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Hindsight is always 20/20.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    You love hate it?

I hate it with a passion. I owned it 2010, before the two stock splits. You want to know how many shares I own today? 0 ..................I hate myself sometimes

4. Member
    And you wonder why suicides prevail with day traders?

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I hope you are fullly loaded. What a beast!

Holy Crap Batman!!!

Where's it going from here? Earnings report came in and everybody jumped on board. I think we drop for a few days now. What say you?

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    As long as the fundamentals don't change and the market cooperates, It breaks $100 easily. Now lets compare to NKE. NKE is the juggernaut and UA is the new kid on the block. UA has a small but growing footprint. Will it get to be as big as NKE? No one knows.......but lets just think that it can get to half the size of NKE............It may take many years.......... but lets look at some numbers
    NKE market cap is 96.5B UA is 20.7B so if UA doubled it would be less than half of NKE. UA is expensive on a PE basis but that is because it is growing so fast and the stock price is reflecting expected rapid growth. And UA is delivering, which is why you had the stock reaction you did. If guidance was lousy or if there was any hint of slowing, growth, the price would have taken a hit. Which is what I wanted. Maybe next quarter, maybe in ten years. NKE really can't grow much more quickly, law of large numbers. The bigger you get the harder it is grow.

UA may pull back to $90, or maybe even the mid $80's. But I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't really pullback. The overall market may dictate that. But, I think the downside is very limited and the upside is ++++++ plus over the next couple years. So basically I think UA could be $150 stock in a few years. Of course if we have a market correction or enter a bear market then that changes things. But if I had a position. NO way would I sell. Take some profits now and then and trade around the core position.

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    UA is breaking 100 in the premarket even without the market cooperating. What a great stock. IMHO any dips should be bought. UA is perfect example of why people should not be happy with just 8% returns in a year. 46% YTD

GPRO and AMBA also. I think GPRO is in for a wild "drone related" ride.

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    GPRO doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same thread as UA I have been wrong on GPRO for a very long time, so I don't even put it on my screen anymore. They make a stupid camera that you strap to your head, they are the modern day polaroid or kodak. IMHO. I will probably continue to be wrong on it

And can you tell UA to come back down to the low 90s so I can buy some. Or is that just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    And can you tell UA to come back down to the low 90s so I can buy some. Or is that just wishful thinking.
    No Kidding! I got out after that last run, and been waiting. I'm not sure it can be stopped right now.

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDD22 View Post
    No Kidding! I got out after that last run, and been waiting. I'm not sure it can be stopped right now.

Need to see how the market reacts to the job report on Friday, and then maybe just hold my nose and buy regardless of where it is. Of course it might be 105 by then, and me buying would clearly mark the top

Need to see how the market reacts to the job report on Friday, and then maybe just hold my nose and buy regardless of where it is. Of course it might be 105 by then, and me buying would clearly mark the top
    I disagree with that last part. If "I" buy something, it's a sign for everybody else to short. (I'm pretty sure I single handedly control the market)

Patience......
    I'd have been a little bit pissed if I'd bought to cover yesterday.

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    UA, Count me in for a starter at 99. Good option flow today

I patiently waited (been stuck for awhile). Shorted it mid 90's a while back.
    Did okay today, but, just okay. Still, left quite a bit on the table.

Now, I think it's ALMOST time to BUY!