Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

Did I miss the news?

What news did I miss for the market to be up 10% in two weeks? At this rate we should be making new highs by the end of the month.
    Thanos was the hero

2. Member
    It looks like we are going to be making "America Great Again", plus we are not going to have free Medicare for everyone. nor are we going to have free college.

3. Member
    Damned if I know. Usually the regular people like us find out about a week later.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Must be a good jobs report coming or maybe a bad report?????????? Are we in a good news is good or bad news is good phase of the market?
    Thanos was the hero

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Oil is up 30%.

I always think of the market like a flock of birds at the feeder. Slam a door and they all take off, then one by one they come back. When the rest see a few birds at the feeder they come back too. People are so afraid of losing their paper profits that they run away at the first sign of trouble. Understandable if you are day trading or investing in start-ups, but if you have a balanced portfolio you should be bargain hunting when people run away from the market.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Banned
    Volume is still too low for my comfort. However, I'm anticipating an improvement soon (hopefully).

7. Member
    OIL It's all about oil right now. XLF & USO both had their low on Feb 11. XLF looking promising now. I want to see it hold above the 50 EMA for 3 - 5 days. If oil takes another nosedive, all bets are off

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'm never a big fan of a big runup into top tier data. Non-Farm payroll tomorrow am. I think we pullback regardless of the data.
    Thanos was the hero

I'm not complaining, I bought into some oil earlier this week and it's been looking good this week. I'm just a small time player, only have about 4,000 of my own invested, but am up about 20% this week.

10. Member
    I made a move yesterday so expect the bottom to fall out the rest of the week.

Thx Cape.. I have been waiting for a good solid correction..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think I am going to start building a position for a downward move in the market. Buy a little today and add a little every few points up. SPX, My thoughts are that we go above the 200dma, get everyone bullish, close the gap at 2043+-, and briefly get positive for the year. Which would make every CNBC guru call for new highs. And that would be my call for the high of the year, or atleast, near term high. But of course, I start today so I don't miss the move if we never get to those upper targets.
    Thanos was the hero

13. Member
    Bought in OIL Monday, 3-7-2016 One day too early. 3-8-2016 Oil went down $1.60 It took 3 days to get back even. After 4 weeks of gains you know what happens next. Most likely a small pull back?? 5%. Oil needs to stay up and stabilize at 40 for 2 weeks. Then go higher. The price went up too fast.....
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

14. Banned
    Oil needs to maintain around $40 and stay there.

15. Banned
    I'm of the belief that it needs to be 50 for profits to be made all around. In turn, the rest of the market should follow.

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Retail sales was negative for Feb. and Jan's numbers were revised from positive to negative. If retail sucks while gas was at or near multi year lows, then how good could our economy really be?
    Thanos was the hero

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I think I am going to start building a position for a downward move in the market. Buy a little today and add a little every few points up. SPX, My thoughts are that we go above the 200dma, get everyone bullish, close the gap at 2043+-, and briefly get positive for the year. Which would make every CNBC guru call for new highs. And that would be my call for the high of the year, or atleast, near term high. But of course, I start today so I don't miss the move if we never get to those upper targets.

I'm ready for new lows.
    Thanos was the hero

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post

I'm ready for new lows.
    Housing and commercial real estate are slowing down in South Florida. If housing weakens it is going to be tough for the Fed to raise (at least too much) and that may keep us from going to far down.

I don't think there is much more the fed can do at this point. They are running out of options very quickly. When this comes down it is going to come way down in my opinion

20. Member
    Yea, the charts look good, but most of the talk is negative. Perplexing!! 1 old saying is the "the market climbs a wall of worry" Gas is cheap and the sales #'s are low !!! Humm Are the big $'s holding their breath on the price of oil ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast