Thread: tax refunds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

tax refunds

Wow. The IRS is reporting they processed over 126 million tax returns this year that included 92 millions refunds with an average of $2,711.

seems we just pissed a lot of money away in returns..

2. Member
    Tax refunds, the hillbilly lottery! Why wouldn't it get pissed away.

3. Member
    What is this "refund" you speak of??? I haven't seen one of those since I turned 18.......

On another note, I know several people that get a larger "refund" than what they pay in. For the life of me I cannot understand. Wouldn't that be a subsidy? I feel very strongly that a "refund" should not be allowed to exceed the amount you pay in.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady Oaks View Post
    Tax refunds, the hillbilly lottery! Why wouldn't it get pissed away.
    " Hillbilly lottery " that's a good one. I try to figure my taxes very close, I hate to let the Government keep any more of my money than is necessary. My total refund this year was $127. and yes I did piss it away on a full tank of gas for the truck and a couple bags of worms.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

5. Member
    Not as high as some people think then huh? where are all the reports of the 6-12K in refunds.......that should drive that average up.

If that is the case......$2711 average for 92 million ppl......that is $249,412,000,000 in returns total

$250 Bil is really not that much compared to the National dept we have now

I would hate to know what our GLOBAL dept is

I get back on average around 500 bucks. Pay in a chit ton. My sister in law well, let me correct that. The girl my brother in law shacks up with gets back around 6 to 8k a year. She has no education. She quit school and will not go get a GED. She cleans hotel rooms when she decides to work. She does that for a few months at a time then quits for a few months. She makes around 10k a year. To the IRS she looks like a single mother living below poverty level with 2 kids. In the mean time the brother in law works and lives with them. He aint much of a provider though. They live with my in laws about half the year every year. But, they always have smokes to pull on and beer to drink................wonder how many people living similar lives like them around the country?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I get back on average around 500 bucks. Pay in a chit ton. My sister in law well, let me correct that. The girl my brother in law shacks up with gets back around 6 to 8k a year. She has no education. She quit school and will not go get a GED. She cleans hotel rooms when she decides to work. She does that for a few months at a time then quits for a few months. She makes around 10k a year. To the IRS she looks like a single mother living below poverty level with 2 kids. In the mean time the brother in law works and lives with them. He aint much of a provider though. They live with my in laws about half the year every year. But, they always have smokes to pull on and beer to drink................wonder how many people living similar lives like them around the country?
    Sorry you have family that you have to deal with this sort of thing.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I get back on average around 500 bucks. Pay in a chit ton. My sister in law well, let me correct that. The girl my brother in law shacks up with gets back around 6 to 8k a year. She has no education. She quit school and will not go get a GED. She cleans hotel rooms when she decides to work. She does that for a few months at a time then quits for a few months. She makes around 10k a year. To the IRS she looks like a single mother living below poverty level with 2 kids. In the mean time the brother in law works and lives with them. He aint much of a provider though. They live with my in laws about half the year every year. But, they always have smokes to pull on and beer to drink................ wonder how many people living similar lives like them around the country?
    approximatey 93 million based on current numbers

9. Member
    I usually average paying the IRS around $11-14K every year. I can't remember getting a refund. I am one of those BBC people that everyone hates because I owe nothing. My dad always taught me cash is king and don't chase bad money with good money. IRS sends me fake roses every April. LOL

Its OK I don't deal with it. I am just aware of it. The people they hang around with are very much like them. Made me realize that there are a lot of people who (contrary to what one political party tells us about poor people) choose to live in a life of low income rather than getting out there and applying themselves and make a better life for themselves. They instead blame society on the lack of opportunity because that's the easy way out. In the mean time they party.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Sorry you have family that you have to deal with this sort of thing.

11. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I got a refund this year for the first time in 10 years or more. A bad 4th quarter led to over estimated taxes.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

People get refunds? All I do is pay.

My wife and I don't get anything really either. I'm fine with that as long as they don't come knocking with their hands out saying they need more. It does get under my skin though. I have a co-worker (not a bad guy...a little annoying) that got back almost 10k last year with 2 kids and a spouse that doesn't work. That's about half of his E-4 base pay. It's ridiculous. It may be to offset the spouse not working...who knows. That could be why people refuse to get jobs as mentioned above.

14. Will work for baits. Fish.Team.Rose's Avatar
    My refund was a litte over 8,000, not sure how thats pissing away money... Although the $450 fee to file sucked!
    Keith Rose

In search of what was lost.

15. Bob G's pool boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish.Team.Rose View Post
    My refund was a litte over 8,000, not sure how thats pissing away money... Although the $450 fee to file sucked!
    Buckle up buddy boy, they are coming...

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTex View Post
    approximatey 93 million based on current numbers
    I know soooooo many people who base about half of their yearly income off tax refund or tax subsidy... These same people collect food stamps and health insurance for $1/month with basically free healthcare and free prescriptions... Its DISGUSTING - most of them live better than me and don't spend 40-50 hours at work a week either. Most of them work for cash so it don't cut into their handout monies...

We REALLY NEED TO CHANGE THIS!

17. Member
    I remember when I was workin and makin the big bucks. I always claimed Single on my W4 and still had $50 a week extra for state and federal deducted. I would Still have to pay More Every Year! Now how can that be? And these *******s earnin Nothin, get Refunds?!? Illegal aliens and welfare people with 14 kids with 14 different fathers need to be shipped out! That's my rulin!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish.Team.Rose View Post
    I hope you are not be truthful , because who in the hell is stupid enough to over pay their taxes that much each year .

Some people are probably better off letting the govt hold their money throughout the year. I know people that would be broke by the end of the week if they were given 10 grand on Thursday.

20. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I hope you are not be truthful , because who in the hell is stupid enough to over pay their taxes that much each year .

And why is that stupid?.......It's his own savings....albiet with out interest , but a nice kitty to see each year... anyhoo it dosen't warrent calling someone stupid.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast