Netflix split 7:1 today

hit $700 the other day... just think not that long ago it was a $60-ish dollar stock wish i could have laughed all the way to the bank.

Now that the stock is back down to a reasonable price $97.XX any takers?
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    1998 Mariner EFI 200 HP 2.5
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Remember the valuation is still a 700 dollar stock. After hours it's up to 108+- so that makes it 780. I point that out because many new investors don't realize it.

The valuation is still expensive for me. But they have pricing power and they have the growth. I just hate to buy something after the run it's had. I feel like I would be chasing. But the split does make it more appealing to me as an option trader. We'll see.

3. Member
    Carl Icahn Just off loaded his shares last week or the week before, because he felt it was getting to much pressure!??????????

Too high for me. IMO, this streaming on demand market has a huge potential for change.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter1 View Post
    Too high for me. IMO, this streaming on demand market has a huge potential for change.
    This.

apple TV and networks signing deals to get single channels and programming on the Internet. HBO Go gives you access to tons of titles on demand. The Netflix model will face lots of competition soon. The analysts think the growth will come from overseas but seems like a risky bet. I could be wrong but it would be too risky for me long term. I'm sure traders may make money short term perhaps.

my thought is Netflix original programming, movies and tv shows is helping them alot too. I think until more allow you to ala cart cable channels there still money to be made on netflix.
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    1998 Mariner EFI 200 HP 2.5
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    And to think, in 2012 it was trading below $10 on a split adjusted basis.

I remember when I first got into trading in 2003 Netflix was one of those I thought was too risky. If I remember right it was about $20ish a share. It was one of those really active traders. Way up one day way down the next.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898