Thread: PayPal

Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

PayPal

For my long term portfolio, I may or may not be building a position in PYPLV soon to be PYPL. I am not recommending anything.
    But if I was. I would be buying a little at a time over the next few weeks. Hoping it trades down. It's trading in the upper $30's. I would be a buyer up to $45 and a big buyer in the twenties. I would like to have an avg price below $40, but will be okay with $50, if it starts to get away. The ebay spinoff I think is next week, not sure if it will have an affect on price. But like I said this will be a long term holding so no hurry with buying.

Initially I will be looking to sell half at around $80-$90. Will it get that high? who knows. But I can't turn my nose up at 100% profits. And then let the rest ride. I may trade in and out a small portion on crazy spikes in either direction. Meaning, when price goes parabolic, or goes to far away from moving avgs, I will take some profit, and re-buy when price comes in and catches up to the moving avgs. The benefit is that you can lower your cost avg.

I think that we will see either a collaboration with other players, like Apple,Visa, etc. or a buyout from Apple or Google.

2. Clubhouse Moderator
    With Google just launching it's revamped Android Mobil pay and Apple's Ipay platform continuing to gain traction how would a Paypal fit in either? Could you see maybe Microsoft being a player for them? Also, are you looking for short term drop from PYPLV when the ebay spit happens?

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I have no idea what it will do after the split, hence it will be a slow accumulation for myself. I haven't been around long enough to see how these things play out. I am thinking there won't be any change, other than the symbol. Paypal already has a proven and reliable infrastructure. So I tend to think of your question a little differently. How will these other pay platforms fit into PayPal. These other pay platforms will have growing pains. And now that PayPal is no longer weighed down with Ebay, It is an attractive take over target. IMO. Other suitors could be a Visa or other bank, but I don't think Microsoft would be unless they want to make a play into that arena. It definitely would give them growth, so the more I think about it the more I think it's possible. Either way, I think there will be plenty of buyout speculation for the foreseeable future. And sometimes all you need is speculation.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    So obviously it didn't run away. Which is good. I've bought twice, small chunks, and will now wait to see how it trades. I have my eye on the $35 area. Then the twenties. Really need to see how it trades over the next week or more. We still have yet to get an earnings report so this a very risky investment. Remember, don't buy something just because someone else does. I'm just sharing my thoughts.

5. Clubhouse Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    So obviously it didn't run away. Which is good. I've bought twice, small chunks, and will now wait to see how it trades. I have my eye on the $35 area. Then the twenties. Really need to see how it trades over the next week or more. We still have yet to get an earnings report so this a very risky investment. Remember, don't buy something just because someone else does. I'm just sharing my thoughts.
    Now you tell us....thought as a BBC moderator all stock advice was 100% money back guarantee........obviously I'm joking..actually I got in and out quickly.
    Last edited by Baybass; 07-23-2015 at 09:07 PM.