Thread: Rv experts

Rv experts

Moved over here lots of views in the general lounge no answers.
    I know some about motorhomes, but looking for advise. Would you stay away from a 26 year old Bluebird Wanderlodge that seems to be in great shape for its age. Miles are 191k which on a Detroit Diesel is not that much provided service has been preformed on a regular basis. Or would you look at something newer with fewer miles from a lesser name. I would and have always considered BB to be one of the top 3 in motorhomes. I'm I wrong?

One of my best friends has restored two Blue Birds. I kinda liked the Boeing cabinetry in them. I do know for a fact his latest resto had a Caterpillar in it. As far as the mileage, that amounts to a little over 7000 miles per year, which isn't bad. But, it's like anything else....the older an item gets, the more prone to problems it becomes. Often times, its not the miles, its the years with Rv's, boats, etc. My advice would be this......If you're willing to put up with whatever aggravations a 26 year old coach could throw at you, and overcome those problems, then keep on trucking, I think it would work. But, if problems and gremlins get your blood pressure up, then it might be best to look for something newer and more modern. But there again, you can have as much trouble out of newer RV as you can a older one. Either way, do what suit you best and enjoy!

That's gonna be the problem. Unless you wanna be doing your own service on the coach itself. Water heater,plumbing leak, etc.. I would stay away. Mechanically like engine, generator, chassis it can be serviced most truck or rv places. I would shy away from something that old and they are not a common rv either so parts will not be easily accessible.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

My question would be, what condition is the coach part in and how bad is the water damage. Something that age will have it, its just a matter of how bad. Are you planning to do a full restoration? Are you looking for "project?"
    "I see dead people"

what ever but get metal roof! But when ever considering a used MH.. Consider the condition.. then think of New Motor/Tranny if needed, besides the brakes, tires, and all the other APPLIANCES etc... Older ones are made better generally, than the new cheap made. Buy for long term and get what can afford

6. Banned
    Diesel pushers are very complicated animals, and there have been a bunch of changes throughout the years. Go for a coach much, much newer.

7. Member
    So would you go for a gas in a newer model over an older diesel?

Quote Originally Posted by geobass View Post
    So would you go for a gas in a newer model over an older diesel?
    Click the link and go about half way down the page. They detail their experience with both: You searched for Search something - Gone With The Wynns
    "I see dead people"