Banned

How many days in the 90s?

Think I heard 20 days! I had planned to head up to Buggs Island this morning for a few days at Hibernia Campground but the heat changed my mind. Oh well better than to have a heat related problem as I have had.

Just started staying firmly in the 90s here in central Arkansas. 92-96 for 4 days now. Got a week long trip at first part of August coming up and dang glad for the A/C! Our pop up had A/C and worked really well but dang fabric just will not hold cool air in

3. Banned
    Yeah Eyra1. Got this 2009 Rockwood a little time ago, took it out for it shakedown trip. The temps got up in the middle 90s and I just let the heat get the best of me. .I know better now to keep up with the fluids when the temps get high. Going to try to not head out again till the temps drop a little but don't know if I will be able to wait that long.

I'm a little (a lot) overweight, so in the heat I really have to watch it. Staying hydrated is very important, but I also take my time getting setup. Takes me about twice as long as a person in good shape but don't want to more myself into a heart attack. As a matter of fact I usually double the amount of time for any project:)

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyra1 View Post
    I'm a little (a lot) overweight, so in the heat I really have to watch it. Staying hydrated is very important, but I also take my time getting setup. Takes me about twice as long as a person in good shape but don't want to more myself into a heart attack. As a matter of fact I usually double the amount of time for any project:)
    Sound just like me. A suggestion about the pop up holding in the cool. Go to Lowe's, Home Depot and get the insulated silver linning about 1/4" thick in rolls . In rolls and easy to cut with sissors. Get welcro pads at Walmart and place on one side and the other on the inside walls of tent portion of pop-up to keep the insulation in place. I used that stuff to cover the ceiling vents and door windows in my camper to hold the cool air in longer. Good luck.
    At Lowe's Home Improvement
    Here is the stuff It is called Reflextic R-21
    16" X 25' unfaced Reflective Roll .
    16.25/ roll
    • An easy-to-install double reflective, double bubble insulation with a staple tab designed for installation on 16-in on center framing
    • R-values range from R-3.0 to R-21 depending on the applications
    • Energy-saving residential applications include: cathedral ceiling, crawl space, radiant floor, wall, HVAC duct, water pipe, garage door, knee wall...
    Last edited by XSDRD; 07-12-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Wish I would've know that last year . Sent the pop up back to wife's sister and her husband. Got the TT now so it's good. Maybe someone else will be able to use the tip!