USA Power pole questions

Looking to get a 06 ranger 188vs with a 150 optimax. Looking to put power poles on it. I would be buying 2. Should I go with blades or pro series 2's. If I go with the blades will the red match the boat. It's kind of like a Maroon color. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2. Member
    I'd do the Pro series in black, red might clash.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

3. Member
    No way I would put red, black would look better. We have an 08 at the shop for sale that color and we have a new Triton going out with red Talons on it, CLASH big time to me any way.

4. Member
    I chose black on my stratos and was glad I did when I bought my blue Ranger. Moved them right over without a thought. Black works with any boat. I have 10 ft blades and they rock.
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

5. Member
    Can't go wrong with black because it matches the Mercury.

188 Black Trailer.jpg

Have a good one and thank God for it!

6. Member
    Opinios on what to get? Blade or pro series 2. What makes the blade so much better

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrbassangler12 View Post
    Opinios on what to get? Blade or pro series 2. What makes the blade so much better
    I got the Sportsman2 series. Why, because I like the flat black color and it is cheaper than the others yet works exactly the same. The blade is good and the higher price is mainly because it is a cleaner design where the fiberglass pole fits into the slot on the blade. The others the fiberglass sticks out an inch. The blade is available in 10 ft also where the others are only available up to 8 ft. If somewhere down the road you do not like the flat black anymore here is an awesome solution: Power-Pole Wraps - Shallow Water Customz

8. Member
    Thanks for the input guys!
    Last edited by Jrbassangler12; 07-08-2015 at 08:41 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrbassangler12 View Post
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg They look cleaner they both do the same thing
    2018 Z520L , 250 pro xs, ultrex 112 , hds 16 carbon , hds 12 carbon both on bbt mounts. Dual power poles

I chose a pair of black blades. I beleive the warranty is better on the blades.

I bought mine from Hydrilla Gear. He has the best prices. http://www.hydrillagear.com
    2022 Ranger Z518

11. Member
    "I believe the warranty is better on the blades."

Power Pole warranty no matter which ones they are is very good. A couple weeks ago one of my motors quit. When I took it apart it was rusted due to the fact that when I put it together I crimped the o-ring and there was no seal. I sent them my the old motor and in a couple days I had a new one. Then the programming/ power light on top of my other motor went out. Called them at 4:00 pm and before I got home the next day it was on my porch. You just can't beat service like that!

Have a good one and thank God for it!

Love my Blades!
    Attached Images Attached Images