Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TIPTOP View Post

Here is mine. This is a retirement gift to myself. I helped design it and had it built by Gator Trax.
    Very nice, looks damn near perfect for exploring shallow rivers and swamps. Really like the fact that it has stick steer AND a fishable front deck. Well done.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post
    Very nice, looks damn near perfect for exploring shallow rivers and swamps. Really like the fact that it has stick steer AND a fishable front deck. Well done.
    You are spot on, when our water levels get to low to run my Xpress this is my go to boat.

I dreamed of owning a bullet or xpress but now I want a gator trax.

4. Member
    Tough act to follow. My 1648 Grizzly build is pretty basic and documented here. Started with a blank canvas. Built a quality livewell, framed and decked everything in aluminum, added a 24v trolling motor and some basics to fish horsepower restricted lakes.

5. Banned
    Really nice work on that front decK extension! Im guessing the cut out against the port side is for rod storage? I see the rod rack so it looks like the rods would slide right in there real nice like. Very cool rig and I haven't even looked at your build yet...gonna do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by schinkr1 View Post
    Tough act to follow. My 1648 Grizzly build is pretty basic and documented here. Started with a blank canvas. Built a quality livewell, framed and decked everything in aluminum, added a 24v trolling motor and some basics to fish horsepower restricted lakes.

Sweet,
    did that hatch come with the livewell? Or did you find that style somewhere in different sizes. Thanks
    Ho, never mind. I saw the link. Very good job!!
    Last edited by gatorglenn; 10-13-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

7. Banned
    Okay now that I looked at your build (thanks for the link) I can honestly say that is the coolest Grizzly I've ever seen. Excellent work there sir.

Quote Originally Posted by schinkr1 View Post
    Hey... That's a very nice deck there.....
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

9. Member

My New Sportsman's Fabrications custom built tunnel hull. 20' long with 83" beam. 200 Yamaha SHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

After looking at Original Tin's boat I may have to "BEG" Mama to let spend the money for a boat similar to his. Begging is not beneath me if she'll go along with letting me get one. LOL

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

11. Member

Praying

Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    After looking at Original Tin's boat I may have to "BEG" Mama to let spend the money for a boat similar to his. Begging is not beneath me if she'll go along with letting me get one. LOL
    Same with me. Going custom next go around and not above begging or bribing for it.

12. Member
    Gator Trax 1854 with Yamaha 70

13. Member
    Gator Trax 2072 with 225 Pro XS

14. Banned
    Rodney how do you like the new Strike Series hull now that you've had it for a few?? Pros and cons...anything you would have done different? She looks awesome and I hope you're enjoying every minute!

15. Member
    Man that spring loaded fabrication is sweet. Seeing that boat naked you can tell those are well crafted boats.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    Rodney how do you like the new Strike Series hull now that you've had it for a few?? Pros and cons...anything you would have done different? She looks awesome and I hope you're enjoying every minute!
    Tin, I really enjoy the boat. I can fish 3 our of this boat with no issues at all. I think we fixed the porpoising issue. We installed a wedge between the motor and jack plate. The Boat now drives like dream. 3000 Rpms 29-30 MPH. I never really thought about what I might do different. The only con I can think of is I wish the gas fill had easier access. How do you like yours? What are your pros and cons ?

17. Banned
    Excellent news Rodney. I often wondered how things worked out for you. Love mine...some little things I plan to modify down the road but I love it! Only con would be the motor...wish I had gone with a 300XS Optimax...but thats only because Im a speed nut and 77mph isn't enough.

18. Member
    Rodney2100 whats the top speed?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vjohn05 View Post
    Rodney2100 whats the top speed?
    62 - 65 depending on the load

20. Member
    Well how is the strike series? I've had Kent working with me on a 19 with 200 on it. It is same width and beam as the 20 bit of prefer 19.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast