A day on the water with my Garmin 840XS, graphing ledges

The images are fun to look at but the real impressive garmin experience is using my free Homeport App before and after my day on the lake. I have never been to these areas on the lake before. Also, I didn't fish today. What I wanted to do is graph ledges to see whats down there and the areas I visited were pre marked using my Garmin Homport App before going to the lake. No image adjustments were made and what you see is what you get. My 2D arches work just fine but need to be adjusted IMO. I have a Airmar P79 shoot through hull and can be adusted on my 20° dead rise transducer inside my boat on on the full. Not first priority right now but I'll get to it. Notice the yellow waypoints I pre-marked using my free Homeport App (Mac or PC). That's the benefit of electronically mapping waypoints before going to the lake. I'll return to these spots and fish them in the future. No guarantees but I feel I eliminated a lot of water to maximize my opportunities next time out. I'm not sure if the fish will be there but I bet they won't be far from these structure breaks. Not that these images are world class but they are my images on the water after 24 hours of non stop raining. The quality could be better but IMO people assume that one snap shot is the best the imaging you'll see but that's not been the case for me. Depending on water clarity sonar imaging results are dependent to what's been stirred up by current and rain. Again, my anecdotal opinion.

One last comment about Garmin units. I turned on Garmin's sonar recording. To my surprise you can take snap shots at the same per these posted pics. After my trip home I played back my recorded 93MB of sonar time in my home port app, paused at ledge break areas that had fish, marked and saved the waypoints on my HomePort Map for future reference. Now that is pretty darn cool. The power of these tools can really expand our fish catching potential. I would have done more but the Sunday boating traffic was getting to busy and signaled it was time to come home.

Happy 4th weekend everyone!
    Last edited by deepanchor; 07-05-2015 at 02:54 PM.

2. Banned
    good stuff. thanks man