73sv SideVu issues

Hi, I recently bought Garmin 73sv and I have some issues with the SideVu regarding the bottom structure (see picture). Suddenly when I scan it looses the bottom structure and suddenly its back again. On the picture you can see that it begins with loosing and then you can see a nice bottom, next second it looses it again?
    can anyone think of what this could be?
    this is the right side of the SideVu and you can see the poles inte water with the long shadows and the white squares is where the bridge is laying.
    it seems that somehow the scanning looses the bottom structure but only a few meters but it then receives the signals further away, if it was electronical noise, it should be over the whole distance and not just in the beginning, or?
    I know that the bottom dont look like this and the depth is the same all the way because its in the harbour.
    could some wise guy or woman help me with what this could be?
    best regards Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where is your transducer mounted?

if you could take a pic of the transducer. Could be a simple mounting issue.
    Special thanks to my sponsors- Team Daiwa, Garmin Electronics, Gill Technical Fishing, Bass Magnet Lures, and Upper Canada Marine.

3. Member
    Hi, the transducer i mounted on the right side of the stern (starboard). It is mounted 7-10mm below the stern and slightly tilted backwards to get the transducer in right angle when the boat is in higher speeds.
    I dont have any pictures right now but i can try to fix that, altough I dont think it is a mounting issue. But i cant be sure. How do you think this could be I mounting issue? it would be interested to know how you thoughts are.
    // Peter

I have no clue what your pic is showing???

Is that downvu or side??

I was just throwing that out there. I like Monty, have no idea what your pic is of. Could you give us a little more info if possible.
    Special thanks to my sponsors- Team Daiwa, Garmin Electronics, Gill Technical Fishing, Bass Magnet Lures, and Upper Canada Marine.

6. Member
    Its a SideVu picture as I said in the beginning of the thread. This is the right side of SideVu but I have turned the picture 90 degrees left. So what you are seeing is a bottom picture, the left side of SideVu is looking exactly the same. I have done this in SonarTRX software since Homeport doesnt work properly with SideVu recordings. Does that make sense?

7. Member
    Hi you all again, since there has been som trouble to interpret my picture and that was not the meaning of this post .
    Here is a screen dump of the picture that I took at another place, the same error occours and I donīt get any bottom echo right under the boat and a couple of meters to the side (on this picture is about 4-5 meters. You can clearly see that the SideVu has lost bottom structure and then a sudden sharp threshold as it where a stair on the bottom it starts to record bottom as it should. And further to the side it seems to have contact with the bottom structure although I suspect that it sometimes to the left is some "dark spikes" aswell. I have tilted my motor so that its not in the way for the SideVu beams. I apologize if I use som bad grammar but I am from Sweden and english is my second language :-). Hope you can help me with som explanations of what could be wrong.

260615_1808_00.jpg

I had same thing on my 7608. Ended up being reflections on the left side off the big motor.

9. Member
    Interesting MonteSS, could you explain more what it was. Reflection on the left side from big motor?
    have you solved the issue or do you accept it?
    i have a outboard motor that I can tilt almost to trailer position, but the problem still occours. I am very interested of how you cleared this out. I have tried everything and it seems that you have had the same problem or is it unsolved?

I tilted my motor and was better. I dont have the garmin anymore. Sorry all I can help