Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got the truck today

now I just have to go get the slide in camper. Looking a a couple of models and will make a decision in the next couple of weeks.

This is making me feel good toaday....Next year hello Alaska!

F350 Super Cab , 8'bed, 112000 GVW, 6.2 L gas engine. I can hardly get up in the damn thing!

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

3. Member
    Nice! Wifee and I did the Alaska trip pulling a pop up trailer in '06. Like to know which slide in you end up buying. Congrats!!!

If your going to drop a camper in it you may want to check out Firestone Air Rites.

Very Nice

6. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBassPro View Post
    If your going to drop a camper in it you may want to check out Firestone Air Rites.
    Thanks for the tip APB...After I get the camper and see how the truck handles I may look into them...seems like a nice addition.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

a beauty

2009 ELITE 210

8. Banned
    I just sold a Lance 2005 820 and bought a Lance 855s and I just love it. Nice Ford. My ford, Lance and Ranger go down the road real nice. Congrats on your new Ford.

9. Banned
    We just got in from a 750 mile trip in our F250 Lariat. At 13 years old, it still looks like new, and just does a great job towing our 37' fifth wheel trailer. They're great trucks.

Hope you can find a good camper quickly, as you'll need to get in substantial camping time in it--working out the bugs before heading to Alaska next year

10. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post

Hope you can find a good camper quickly, as you'll need to get in substantial camping time in it--working out the bugs before heading to Alaska next year
    That's the plan Bamaman.

11. Member
    Toad....nice truck...why gas versus diesel? Just wondering because I am looking on moving up from a 150 to a 250 in near future

12. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VBGUNNER View Post
    Toad....nice truck...why gas versus diesel? Just wondering because I am looking on moving up from a 150 to a 250 in near future
    It was 8 grand more for the diesel.....Then figuring the extra cost for diesel fuel over and above gas.....Then throw in the increased costs for maintenance on the diesel.....then figuring that I will probably not own this truck for much more than 100,000 miles.....all things considered I just could not justify the cost of the diesel over the gas. Yes I will get a couple of miles less per gallon with the gas but I would have to drive put on a very large amount of miles over and above 100 grand to even think about breaking even on the increased costs. That was my reasoning. May be flawed but then so am I at times.

Quote Originally Posted by DA TOAD View Post
    It was 8 grand more for the diesel.....Then figuring the extra cost for diesel fuel over and above gas.....Then throw in the increased costs for maintenance on the diesel.....then figuring that I will probably not own this truck for much more than 100,000 miles.....all things considered I just could not justify the cost of the diesel over the gas. Yes I will get a couple of miles less per gallon with the gas but I would have to drive put on a very large amount of miles over and above 100 grand to even think about breaking even on the increased costs. That was my reasoning. May be flawed but then so am I at times.
    I have a 2015 ford diesel and its awsome but I don't blame you for going gas , less upkeep !!!

Nice truck

Gas is the way to go unless one is going to keep it for a long time or drive the heck out of it. My brother has an 06 F250 King Ranch with diesel that is his daily driver and long haul. He works 3 miles from his house so discounting that..........298,000 miles so far.
    I'm looking at a 3/4 ton next time around as well for a towing option. And going back to an extended cab........

Nice truck!!!

16. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Should have gotten a bigger/larger truck with more GVW....went through all the figures and full loaded wet weights, me and the wife full tank of gas, two batteies, (2) 20lb propane tanks, 40 gallons of fresh water, and 2000 watt generator and the camper we want will exceed the max GVW by 500 lbs...prior to food, clothes and dishes....I'm stuck and really disappointed in myself for not going through the numbers more closely!

I never thought I would exceed the 11,000 lb GVW package.

17. Member
    Should have gotten a bigger/larger truck with more GVW....went through all the figures and full loaded wet weights, me and the wife full tank of gas, two batteies, (2) 20lb propane tanks, 40 gallons of fresh water, and 2000 watt generator and the camper we want will exceed the max GVW by 500 lbs...prior to food, clothes and dishes....I'm stuck and really disappointed in myself for not going through the numbers more closely!

Can you add overload springs or Firestone bags to boost up your carrying capacity?

The only way around that is a 5th wheel, nothing is going to change that number legally but I doubt you will notice the extra weight.

19. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gotlimit? View Post
    Can you add overload springs or Firestone bags to boost up your carrying capacity?
    They will smooth the ride but not increase the carrying capacity.

20. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBassPro View Post
    The only way around that is a 5th wheel, nothing is going to change that number legally but I doubt you will notice the extra weight.
    Yea...nothing will increase the capacity. Don't want to go the trailer route. I will just have to look at lighter campers or take my chances. I was going to add the Firestone airbags and TorkLift Stable Loads but that is just a helper also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast