Coolers not insulated?

My '14 621 would not hold ice very well so I opened up area to see under deck and there was no insulation except for slight flotation foam in a small spot under it. I don't understand why. It should be.
    Anyway I did it myself with spray foam. Not sure if it will suck water but don't think it could too much.
    Tested today and the thing is like a Yeti now. Maybe better. Check the insulation yours ain't working to good.
    No time to let a dealer do it.

2. Member
    I have the same problem my cooler doesn't keep ice long either, I did talk with my dealer and asked him if that was normal he said yes , thanks for that info will check it out to if I have the same problem,
    2018 Z520L , 250 pro xs, ultrex 112 , hds 16 carbon , hds 12 carbon both on bbt mounts. Dual power poles

3. Member
    2015 z119c cooler holds ice for days

My 01 does very good. The other day in 95* + weather I put in five or so lbs of ice that lasted till I got home (roughly 14 hours. Even added the ice to warm product in the morning. Not sure if its insulted or not but I do have a floor extension that lays over top of it leaving about 4 inches between the extension and the coolers lid. Very satisfied with it.
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

Quote Originally Posted by Z119c View Post
    Yep, mine too.
    2015 Ranger z119c, 225 Mercury ProXS

6. Banned
    There was a kit sold by Ranger to retro fit some model years that had a cooler problem. One of the dealer reps on here will be able to id the years and if the kit works on other year models. If I remember correctly, it did require drilling a hole in the glass.

7. Member
    Helpful hint....one either freeze drinks or place drinks in frig the night before then add ice. Cold drinks will keep ice longer than having to cool them down!

Thanks but do that already. My cooler had no insulation other than some flotation foam underneath. Nothing lasts long like that.

9. Moderator
    Mine holds ice forever too.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    My '14 621 would not hold ice very well so I opened up area to see under deck and there was no insulation except for slight flotation foam in a small spot under it. I don't understand why. It should be.
    Anyway I did it myself with spray foam. Not sure if it will suck water but don't think it could too much.
    Tested today and the thing is like a Yeti now. Maybe better. Check the insulation yours ain't working to good.
    No time to let a dealer do it.
    How did you add the foam? What foam did you use? Thanks.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z119c View Post
    My 119c is the same way.

I have a 98 518 and I replaced the plastic plug with a big cork stopper. 3 cents works 100x better. Most times I fish by myself so I just use a small cooler in the back storage box
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended