Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    i bought all the pieces from the max gain site so that I had 2 poles that i can adjust from 8', 10', and 12'. The stainless steel connections got a little expensive, but its worth it. I had a bracket made that I attached to the jackplate. Works flawless. When done i just unscrew the extension and store it in the rod box.
    Attachment 199813
    Attachment 199814

I have the Max-Gain 12 footers as well. I don't use brackets. Just bunjie cords and they work well.

2. Member
    https://kingpinanchors.com/. 2-12 fters for me.

3. Member
    I bought two Blades and brackets. $4500. Now I’m poor! Does that count?

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen View Post
    I bought two Blades and brackets. $4500. Now I’m poor! Does that count?
    wow you spent about a grand too much..

5. Member
    That was mean. The deal was done and overwith. Saving a screen shot of that.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    That was mean. The deal was done and overwith. Saving a screen shot of that.
    how is what he said mean? Kevin is a power pole dealer and has some of the best rates and power pole service in the country. And it was obvious the other guy was joking about the cost of power poles. If Kevin saying the other guy overpaid gets under your skin so bad where you need a screenshot to feel like you have some sort of leverage then that’s pretty sad honestly.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Member
    I don't need any leverage. Just a reminder to myself to not buy from a company that can't just let a guy enjoy his product/purchase.

8. Member
    Built these a while ago. Full plate under trolling motor. Stern attached to Bob's Jackplate. 8 foot is good in Stern. Would get a 10 for BowIMG_5536.JPGIMG_5534.JPG
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

9. Member
    No need to interject on his comment towards me.

I tried two different “forum sponsor/dealers”.... neither were worth a crap in my book. Poor communication, slow responses, not a great savings at all. Frankly, I was worried about giving either my money!! I chose to just go to a dealer near me and pay MSRP for two Blades, two brackets, and free installation. Cash, over the counter, and hands on the product took 5 minutes.
    I wasted a week and countless text messages trying to “save money” with free brackets, etc. Then I’d have to pay for installation? Lol. It was a no brainer.

All in all, getting them took me one week and two hours. I could have saved a week. Lol.
    Last edited by SteezMacQueen; 06-10-2020 at 06:47 PM.

10. Member
    I always used an extendable paint pole when I fished saltwater. Cost about $30.

Most of my lake is too deep to use that now, even the "shallow" areas are 15ft deep.

11. Member
    I’ve used one on and off for years. They work great. Can be cumbersome at times, but you just have to find a method and routine. Currently I have a 12’ three piece. Unscrews and fits in storage easily.

12. Banned
    No need for a 10' pole in the boat. I keep a 30" long, 1.25" diameter SS rod in the boat. It's been turned down on a lathe to a point on one end and has a 10' rope tied to the other end. In 6' of water or less, just drop ir over the side of the boat and the weight does the rest. Many times in a soft bottom, the entire pole is buried in the mud. Deeper than 6', it helps to put a little velocity into it. But it will hold the boat in water as deep as 8 or 9 feet. It's a little heavy, but compact.

13. Member
    Let me review my own post earlier. I'd like a pole. I don't want to go the dollar$, weight and additional drag of motorized power poles. So, O.K., I'm cheap. I liked the brackets one of the guys made that fits under the trolling motor. Good design intelligence, but you still have to store the pole elsewhere.
    What I envision is an 8 foot pole in the bow of the boat, because that's where I fish. It would be carried in the bracket that would swivel 90 degrees, with a "click" at both positions. When stowed it would lay longitudinally parallel to the rub rail and not in the water, and be supported at the rear and front when the boat is moving from place to place.
    Step on the front deck, pull the pole forward out of the back support, click it 90 degrees and drop it down.
    Done.

14. Member
    I like that. Build one.

15. Member
    These are nice but I want one that I can mount on the side of my fiberglass bass boat and keep the pole inside it. It would need to swivel so I can push the pole down, then pull it up and swivel it so the pole stores parallel with the rub rail. It would have to employ a breakaway device internally so it would lock in the vertical and horizontal axis.

Sorry, this is kind of a repeat posting.
    Last edited by billnorman1; 11-13-2020 at 05:03 AM.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    2 regular anchors and nylon rope, all I ever used for years for what few times wanted to stay put in a spot.. usually just find a shady spot and tie onto a tree at bank for the lunch break.
    pretty much... dirt cheap, doesnt care how deep or shallow the water is, Cant figure out where to attach the bluetooth, and for some reason I cant get it to sync with my phone though.. guess it wouldnt work for the swipe swipe crowd.
    Also seems to me MK or someone had a mushroom anchor attached to a manual winch and later an electric one that could lower and raise.
    Seems to me two of those on the transom would weigh less than poles, not be in the way and again work shallow or deep and could be made to work with a remote and be just as simple to deploy
    Last edited by Dropdeadfred; 11-13-2020 at 08:01 AM.

17. Member
    I used the stick it anchors on my old aluminum hull.
    I had a bracket made and bolted up to the jack plate that I could slide it in. I bought an 8ft, 4ft and 2ft sections. I used the stainless steel connections on them so if needed I could easily screw in an extension. So I had an 8ft, 10ft, and 12ft if needed. My only problem was the handle even with epoxy would sometimes come off when pulling out the mud.

18. Member
    I used a extendable painters pole years before any power poles were even thought of.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234