Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    8ft was to short for me, 12ft were to long and tended to bend over and pull out.
    10ft were a perfect mix between depth and holding power.

Had really good luck with these bungy airhead dock lines. And they float.

https://www.amazon.com/AIRHEAD-AHDL-...Y18VGSGFX7PC4J

2. Member
    I was planning to get one and mount it like this. Should only be about $50-60 in RAM parts.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    I use a "Wang".. Works great if you use the mount (which is removable) but Im lazy and usually just stick it in and attach to a cleat with short bungy.. It doesn't hold as well without the mount though, if your in a lot of wind/current..

I used to have a "wang" anchor and it worked great. The mount went right up by the TM and was easy to use. The spike fit in the rod locker.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

I saw that power pole is now offering a similar manually activated shallow water anchor. Has anyone tried one?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    I was planning to get one and mount it like this. Should only be about $50-60 in RAM parts.

I'm no engineer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. I don't think that Ram mount will be up to the task unless you're fishing on a pond with no wind and no boat traffic.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I'm no engineer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. I don't think that Ram mount will be up to the task unless you're fishing on a pond with no wind and no boat traffic.
    Which part do you see failing? It’s not my idea, I grabbed it from another thread where it seemed a few people used it. There’s also a manual shallow water anchor company that sells theirs with a ram mount setup like that.

7. Member
    Which part do you see failing? It’s not my idea, I grabbed it from another thread where it seemed a few people used it. There’s also a manual shallow water anchor company that sells theirs with a ram mount setup like that.
    I see the swivel mount fulcrum overcome by the leverage of an 8 foot pole. It's just me, but the lever of the spike is going to multiply the force of waves by a huge factor. I'd think the object the pole slides through would need to be solid, not with ball joints.

anytide,

Do you own or work for "shallowwatersolutions"?
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

9. Member
    Duck boat has a King Pin with the transom mounting bracket. Love it.
    2012 Sterling
    2017 250xs Racing

10. Member

i didnt stay at the right hotel () ether but, no way one hose clamp will hold in more than 5 mph wind
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    i didnt stay at the right hotel () ether but, no way one hose clamp will hold in more than 5 mph wind

Instead of RAM I made one out of PVC like this - http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post8282408

I didn't check wind speeds, but it held anytime I used it.

13. Member
    12' TALON ON RIGHT REAR & 12' KINGPIN ON LEFT FRONT IF NEEDED

https://kingpinanchors.com/anchor-poles

14. Member
    I use an 8ft Stick It here in N. FL and it works very well on my 18ft Ranger in the St. Johns River.

15. Member
    i still carry an anchor.

16. Member
    I have a stick it anchor pin on my river jet boat. The bracket is the main value. It doesn't really work well in rocky rivers or hard bottom areas without the constant force being applied, but it does work well in soft bottom lakes and ponds.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clearlake outdoors View Post
    i still carry an anchor.
    Tough to beat an anchor, I would have saved $100 by just sticking with my 15 lb anchor.

18. Member
    There are some funnies in this thread. I am an engineer and I keep it very simple. This setup consist of strong bungee cording and will hold me in winds up to 15 mph. Anything stronger and I take out the real anchor. I have bungee on 3 of my cleats and move the pin between then to get the best boat position. There is no stress on my trolling motor or any other part of my boat that is not a stress point. The bungee also relieves most of the stress on the cleat.

4C02BE55-84AD-4106-9CDD-53F69CF43072.jpeg

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TX721 View Post
    I have one, have had it for several years. I bought the Flex all paint you see on TV and painted it. WhY? When it gets old and you pick it up, if you hand slides just a little, you will have fiberglass splinters from hell! The flex all paint, the stuff you see in the commercial the guy paints and seals stuff with, worked great.

20. Member
    Old news is good news. Post from 2015. Actually I think I'd like a post about 6 feet long in a socket that would swivel down, and when not in use, swivel back on the side of the hull and lock there when moving.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast