Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Rodney are you using 8 foot poles? Im in the DFW metroplex as well and have seen anytide on TFF plenty of times...

2. Member
    Yes I have the 8 foot poles.

I use two old rusted brake drums.

Go to this site and select shallow water anchor parts and build your own. I use one, 10 & 12 ft., works great.

http://www.mgs4u.com/index html

5. Banned
    Lowes and HD have an 8' green tree stake. Very light. Just rigid enough. 8' if too shallow for most uses. I added a 1" PVC pipe over the end. Hard friction fit. You really have to force it. Used a 4' piece and insert stake about 18". Added a T on the end of the pvc. Now I have 10.5 foot poles. Stick one inside my rear boarding ladder to hold rear. The other goes on whichever side of the bow I need. Short rope to cleat. Prusik knot the rope around the pole and you can slide it where needed yet it will stay. If you have never used a stick, you will be amazed how far they go into the bottom. Go long.

Correction on the web site.

MAX-GAIN SYSTEMS, INC.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W View Post
    Go to this site and select shallow water anchor parts and build your own. I use one, 10 & 12 ft., works great.

thanks..i am going to get some of these

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W View Post

Awesome site!! Thanks

9. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    want to sell it

seriously the wang anchor is very good..
    I'll trade ya your power pole for it!

I use one on my saltwater boat and I love it.

Last edited by ragin_cajun92; 06-26-2015 at 06:39 PM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastCrappie24 View Post
    Lowes and HD have an 8' green tree stake. Very light. Just rigid enough. 8' if too shallow for most uses. I added a 1" PVC pipe over the end. Hard friction fit. You really have to force it. Used a 4' piece and insert stake about 18". Added a T on the end of the pvc. Now I have 10.5 foot poles. Stick one inside my rear boarding ladder to hold rear. The other goes on whichever side of the bow I need. Short rope to cleat. Prusik knot the rope around the pole and you can slide it where needed yet it will stay. If you have never used a stick, you will be amazed how far they go into the bottom. Go long.
    I tried the green ones. They bent pretty easy for me. Maybe I'll try them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    2 regular anchors and nylon rope, all I ever used for years for what few times wanted to stay put in a spot.. usually just find a shady spot and tie onto a tree at bank for the lunch break.

1998 Stratos 285 Pro
    1989 Evinrude XP 150(E150STLCEM)(08199802)
    2004 Ford Explorer NBX V8
    1998 Jeep XJ 4.0L V6
    House Cat named Patches
    Remington 700, Old Cooey 12 gauge, A lot of Fishing Rods
    Some tools, garden hose with outboard attachment, 3 crow decoys, 8 Track Tape player,
    A Billy Bass, and clothing from the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    2 regular anchors and nylon rope, all I ever used for years for what few times wanted to stay put in a spot.. usually just find a shady spot and tie onto a tree at bank for the lunch break.

1998 Stratos 285 Pro
    1989 Evinrude XP 150(E150STLCEM)(08199802)
    2004 Ford Explorer NBX V8
    1998 Jeep XJ 4.0L V6
    House Cat named Patches
    Remington 700, Old Cooey 12 gauge, A lot of Fishing Rods
    Some tools, garden hose with outboard attachment, 3 crow decoys, 8 Track Tape player,
    A Billy Bass, and clothing from the 80's.

Here is one I have been thinking about using.

Push & Anchor Poles | Flounder Gig | Shallow Water Anchor

15. Member
    I'm highly skeptical of the effectiveness of the hold of any TM mount. My push pole has two cords that come with it. One is 12-18 inches and he other 3 to 4 feet. Only the 3 to 4 feet ever gets used. The length and flex of the pole is what makes it hold in high wind. If the pole did not flex, if the cord were not long enough I am almost certain the pole would pull out of the bottom in high wind. Now, if you were able to push the pole 2 to 3 foot into the bottom maybe not. However 12 to 18 inches into the bottom is the best I ever do.

On a no wind day maybe anything will work but we don't really need the anchor that day do we
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

16. Member
    I have been using a PANTHER king pin 10' two piece pole with transom bracket for a couple years on FL. lakes, well worth the price for my use, I got the 10' because it was two piece and have found many times an 8' would have to short

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOHO NITRO View Post
    I have been using a PANTHER king pin 10' two piece pole with transom bracket for a couple years on FL. lakes, well worth the price for my use, I got the 10' because it was two piece and have found many times an 8' would have to short
    x25 on the length.

I have couple of 8's and they are marginal even in shallow lakes. A cheap way to tell me that if I get rich man poles they need to be the 12ft talons. I often find 10ft would not work because often I am sitting in 10ft of water.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

18. Member
    I had built my own earlier this year out of a 3/4 fiberglass tree stake and a rubber bike grip that I epoxied to the rod to create a handle. I tapered the end to make it point but haven't been real thrilled with it. The stainless tips on that website listed above is the answer I have been looking for. Thanks for posting it.

19. Member
    i bought all the pieces from the max gain site so that I had 2 poles that i can adjust from 8', 10', and 12'. The stainless steel connections got a little expensive, but its worth it. I had a bracket made that I attached to the jackplate. Works flawless. When done i just unscrew the extension and store it in the rod box.
    bracket.jpg
    bracket2.jpg

These are the one's I use.

https://diginanchors.com/
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast