1989 Stratos 201 dual console. Front Deck extension minor restoration

Hey everyone. I'm somewhat new to the forums.
    I recently brought my 2nd bass boat. A 20ft stratos 201 dual console. The boat is in great shape solid as a rock. The gel coat is beautiful and ive already had many complements on the boat. People say it looks like a newer boat it's so clean. I'm currently getting the motor rebuilt. While I'm waiting I will be doing a lot of work on her.
    I will be extending the front deck. Re carpeting and installing a new live well pump. I am looking for advice on the deck extension and carpeting. I will also be documenting the process throughout for others to learn from. I will update the thread as often as I can. I will be doing most of the work after work on weekdays after work and on the weekends. I'm also taking the driver seat to get fixed up as well. And restoring a couple small faded spots on the gel coat.

My Next post will be pictures of the supply's and of mesurements and plans for the front deck. I will try to post tomorrow. I plan on taking 2 weeks total to do the front deck and carpeting.
    1989 statos 201 DC 1990 merc 200 black max

2. Member
    So I found a company called fish on fabrications. That make metal deck inserts. I will be calling them tomorrow and giving them the dimensions and seeing if they can fab me a insert. They seem to make pretty good products. I would much rather have one made of metal then made of wood. Also should be much more water proof as boat transitions from being stored outside to in garage due to the fact it's a pain in the balls to fit in my garage and I have to have 2 to 3 people to push it in by hand with less then an inch on each side of trailer. And folding in the toung on the trailler to make it fit. I store all my gear in my boat because it's a real task to load and unload every time I go fishing which is a lot. I do have a nice costom stratos cover that keeps it pretty clean with all the storms we have had everything has stayed pretty dry compared to my old skeeter which everything got wet. Plus the little storage space on it.
    1989 statos 201 DC 1990 merc 200 black max

3. Member
    Sounds like my setup. I have a '90 201 pro. I will be doing a resto later since I'm currently fixing the wiring gremlins mess right now. Good luck. Also fish on fab is a decent company. I talked with Dawson about my boat but haven't gotten him dimensions yet. Pricing was out of my current budget at 5-700 depending on features I wanted. Post up a few pics if you get time

Looking forward to the pics!
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

5. Member
    I will be taking my '95 201 PRO XL to Dawson tomorrow to go over what I want done. Deck extension, trolling motor tray, handles beside consoles to help getting up and down on the deck due to balance issues. I also want steps and a pole on my trailer to help me get in and out of the boat. Dawson has done work on a Bass Tracker my son has and it is great. I had him do a lot more than I can mention at this time but I highly recommend Dawson. Fish on Fabrications has it together.