blown 250 verado compatibility

hello i have a blown 250 verado serial # 1B530488 and i seen a post where someone has a 275 verado serial # 1B289203 power head ect.I am wanting to know if they are compatible if i can take the motor and supercharger off of his a put on mine to give me a working motor. i did call mercury and they said it won't but I'm not sure I'm believing that seems they where more just to push a new power head through them for much more$ any thoughts on this from someone that might know that has been down this road already. thread title to other post> Verado 275 long block/midsection http://www.bbcboards.net/motors/6085...idsection.html

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You've been informed correctly.

1B289203 is a Generation-1 Powerhead

1B530488 is a Generation-2 Powerhead.

In order to use a Generation-2 Powerhead on your engine, you would need the ENTIRE, fully-dressed powerhead (especially and specifically the electrical system, relays, wiring, PCM, etc, that came WITH that Generation-2 powerhead).

There were substantial changes between the two generations.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Ok thanks for the information I guess my search for a new powerhead still continues

Wait he is wanting to put the gen 1 on the gen2.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

The long block that is.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tritonman54
    hello i have a blown 250 verado serial # 1B530488 and i seen a post where someone has a 275 verado serial # 1B289203 power head ect.I am wanting to know if they are compatible if i can take the motor and supercharger off of his a put on mine to give me a working motor.
    I believe he's wanting to use the 275 powerhead (which is a Gen-2) on his Gen-1 mid/gearcase, and utilize the electronics/fuel system from his GEN-1 250.

That should not be done.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

This is not correct. I am the seller of the gen 1 275. He has a gen 2 250. He is wanting to use the gen 1 on his gen 2.

You said the 488 is the gen 2 and mine the 275 ending in 203 is the gen 1.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Gotcha.

Still the same rule applies. Unless you're transplanting a COMPLETE, FULLY-DRESSED powerhead with all electronics/wiring, it will NOT work properly.