Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Phoenix KY Lake Rally

Ok so narrowing down options for dates. I'm thinking Fri/Sat so that people can travel home Sat night or Sunday. Make sense?

So here's where I need max input people! I need to know 3 things from you:

1) Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun preference
    2) Which weekend preferred Sept 20th, 27th, Oct 4, 11 or 18.
    3) Given the dates available are you planning on coming? I would really like to get an idea of numbers as soon as possible so if you give me no other input other than "I'll be there", I can work with that.

PM's are fine so as not to flood the thread. I'll keep a spreadsheet.

This is going to be a Rally with a possible tournament format thrown in and we are inviting the guys at Phoenix to come enjoy the fun and fellowship. This is NOT an official "Owners" tournament.

Kentucky Lake - Launch site Paris Landing.
    Hosting Phoenix Dealer - ACS Marine Buchanan, TN.
    Dates - TBD - Narrowed down to September 20 thru Oct 18 weekends.

Just to be clear I'm going to help organize and compile info but I wont be able to do all this remotely. Will need local to KY lake people to be boots on the ground. I also don't want to make decisions for the group so all input is appreciated.

Please understand that no matter how we organize this, there will be no way to satisfy EVERYONE. Don't take it personal. The goal is to get as many boats to the rally. So it's going to have to be a majority rules on the dates.

I'll update this original post in this thread as updates become available so info doesn't get lost in all the replies.
    Last edited by Bshaner; 06-24-2015 at 09:46 PM.
    2013 Phoenix (new in 2015) 721 ProXP - Mercury 250 ProXS 26p Fury - Humminbird 1199/1159/360 - Minn Kota Fortrex 112

2. Member
    I'm in KY but I live 280 miles from KYL so I am not a host candidate. I have a few ideas on where and when but it really depends on size of the group. The timing for the fall feed fest is hard to predict. Early October is typically nice weather but fish are scattered. November can be great but weather can be cold.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

I think being one of the first ones lately and having so many new owners we should maybe focus more on good weather and having a good time vs when the fishing is going to best. Fall is tough to gauge how the fishing is going to be on ky.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

4. Member
    Fall fishing is wide open on ky lake with the grass mats and cooler weather.

5. Member
    I will be there !!!!!
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

6. Member
    As all months are, October can be a very full month with the BASS and TBF qualifiers as well as Fishing For Freedom (mainly KS and MO) putting together a calandar that lists events that impact one or more Phoenix owners would help with selecting a date.

7. Member
    I'm in Paducah about 20min from KY Dam and hour 20 to Paris landing. If you need boots on the ground I don't mind helping out know the area farely well.
    AFTCO
    Picasso Lures
    Vicious Line
    Denali Rods
    RedTail Optix
    RedTail Republic
    https://www.facebook.com/KyleMetzgerFishing

8. Member
    This site may help with scheduling

Home
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

9. Member
    Updated thread. Talked to Chris at Phoenix. He suggested ACS Marine. Austin at ACS Marine was pretty darn enthusiastic about hosting us. Will get dates from ACS that won't work for them and we'll get your guys opinions on dates DO work for ACS. September to Early October time frame is the goal.
    2013 Phoenix (new in 2015) 721 ProXP - Mercury 250 ProXS 26p Fury - Humminbird 1199/1159/360 - Minn Kota Fortrex 112

Sounds great to me. I think this is going to be good. I'll even skip a club event of it happens to call on a same date to come. I think I'm going to try to take off the Thursday and Friday before if anyone wants to come early.
    Jason

11. Member
    As long as it doesn't fall on the weekend of Sept. 19th. I plan to come in a couple days early as well.
    2015 Phoenix 921 Pro XP / Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Banned
    I'd like to be involved----but I live about 200 miles away. So, I'm not a local either. I'd like to see fall time frame.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    Sounds great to me. I think this is going to be good. I'll even skip a club event of it happens to call on a same date to come. I think I'm going to try to take off the Thursday and Friday before if anyone wants to come early.
    Hey---maybe we can road trip down together. I will try to bring a buddy and we can follow each other---or whatever works.

That sounds great to me Mark.
    Jason

15. Member
    ACS is my dealer and talk to them everyday fish and hunt with him and his dad and I'm hour away from Paris and 45 mins from Jville let me know what I can do with local bait stores around here with getting fliers out to them or what ever yall need. Pm me or email either way is fine. Thx

16. Member
    I'm in just post the date.
    I'm about 1 1/2 hrs. from Kentucky lake I don't know how much I can help, but if there is something I can do just let me know.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

My wife and I are interested in joining in on this gathering as well. Will have to wait for a date to determine if we can make it. It looks to be about an 11 hour drive but would enjoy meeting other Phoenix owners and fish a new lake for us. Also I would hope the falls colors would be in full force this time of year making for a pleasant drive.
    Bernard
    2012 Pheonix 921 - Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Banned
    You need to get ahold of these 4 people to get the word out around Nashville , TN and Sumner County (Old Hickory Lake )

Nashville Marine - David or Eddie
    John Hopkins - owner of Fate Sanders Marina (Percy Priest Lake) and HOPPY'S Lures
    Flipper Copeland - Owner of Flipper's Bait and Tackle (Old Hickory Lake)

Just trying to help out .

Im in Springfield Tn and i go there several times a year i would be in

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GZ ONE View Post
    You need to get ahold of these 4 people to get the word out around Nashville , TN and Sumner County (Old Hickory Lake )

Nashville Marine - David or Eddie
    John Hopkins - owner of Fate Sanders Marina (Percy Priest Lake) and HOPPY'S Lures
    Flipper Copeland - Owner of Flipper's Bait and Tackle (Old Hickory Lake)

Just trying to help out .
    GZ One, can you take that on for me please?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast