2008 Triton 19 X2 225 Merc Opti - Altas 6" Jack plate

Looking for more speed and still have water pressure! I currently have a 26 Tempest Plus and it feels sluggish???? In order to get WOT of right at 5650 rpm's I have to jack it up quite a bit and I can get only about 65 MPH. This is making sure I get close to 20 psi on the water gauge. I tried a Tempest Plus 24 and although the hole shot was fun.... top end was upper 50's. From other posts I see, I think I should get close to 70 without walking.... any suggestions? Would a 25 Tempest Plus or Fury help? Would a 4 blade do me any better?

2. Member
    Standard opti max or pro xs. Has the tempest been B&B

3. Member
    You might ask MercuryMan or Triton19x2 they have worked with this before

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassanine View Post
    Looking for more speed and still have water pressure! I currently have a 26 Tempest Plus and it feels sluggish???? In order to get WOT of right at 5650 rpm's I have to jack it up quite a bit and I can get only about 65 MPH. This is making sure I get close to 20 psi on the water gauge. I tried a Tempest Plus 24 and although the hole shot was fun.... top end was upper 50's. From other posts I see, I think I should get close to 70 without walking.... any suggestions? Would a 25 Tempest Plus or Fury help? Would a 4 blade do me any better?
    If you only got 50's with the 24, you have something else wrong..

Ken,

Try putting your jackplate to 6 1/2" between stationary part attached to your transom to the flat spot on the motor.