Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Sorry, haven't been on here in a while. It's performing good. I really think I could use a 29 pitch prop. I'm running a 28 4 blade right now. With just me it will run 72 plus some, but at that point it starts to walk a little and I've not had enough seat time with the combo to figure out what engine height I should be running (hydraulic jackplate). But that being said I think with two people and heavy loads the 28 should be about right, so I'm sticking with it for now. And to be honest I don't ever go more than 68-70 anyway. It has lots of acceleration in the midrange. It goes from like 30 to 60 quickly. Very quiet and smooth power.

The only issue I've had is the shifter. It still does not go back to neutral very easy at times when coming from forward. It's going back to the boat mechanic to be replaced or fixed. But the motor has been great so far.

I know this is an old thread, but did you get the shifter fixed? Mine is kinda stiff coming back to neutral as well. I think there is a tension adjustment screw, but I am not sure.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X