Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Your tank is but your pumps not so much. I think he was referring to the new V20. You can access the pumps on the V20, but not sure if the tank is removable. I think the only boats that I know of you can't remove the tank are the Tritons.
    Just remove two small screws and a cover plate and you're looking at the pumps. Easy to get to. I have not looked at the bilge area of a V20 but I understand that the gas tank has been moved.

2. Member
    Just an update, triton has had my boat since mid November. A final decision was made and they are building me a new boat. I'm very happy with how this was dealt with ( I really didn't want my 3 year old boat to be cut open and repaired that way ). Marty at triton was great to deal with and responded to any questions or concerns I had right away. A big thanks goes out to him.

Only thing I'm not sure about is whether they will have the 2013 20 xs mold and use that or will it be the 20 trx style? I didn't get an answer on that. The boat should be back by the end of march.

3. Member
    Triton is a great company and yes people do make mistakes. The tank could have come from the manufacturer that way. The main thing is they are taking care of you.

Thats great news thanks for the update

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    They are moving the Triton aluminum to the Tracker plant in MO to be built. Will they also move the Triton fiberglass to the Nitro plant to be built? So much for no changes.
    You must have more inside knowledge that me. Earl sent a letter to all the dealers that Triton fiberglass fishing boats will remain in Flippin. The aluminum boats have not been determined as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    You must have more inside knowledge that me. Earl sent a letter to all the dealers that Triton fiberglass fishing boats will remain in Flippin. The aluminum boats have not been determined as of yet.
    That was a June 2015 post. Just an FYI.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

7. Banned
    Glad they are swapping it out for you. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 20trx but im sure they still have the 20xs mold.

8. Member
    Great to hear that you were taken care of like that!

9. BBC SPONSOR

10. Member
    Still no boat. I'm starting to get impatient, it's been gone for 6 months.

11. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I'll bet they are replacing it due to the the environmental hazards and fines they could have faced if you were caught with fuel leaking into the water or worse yet in a parking lot somewhere.

I had an 18 wheeler pull into my dirt parking lot a few years ago at my business because he was told to pull over and one of his saddle tanks had ruptured with diesel fuel down the highway and it drained in my lot. the government agencies were crawling all over that site with back hoes extracting the soil and hauling it away. I was left with a hole about 20' by 20' by about 3 feet deep for a week til they came back and filled it in. That trucking company fired the driver (not his fault) and paid an astronomical amount of money in fines and labor/heavy equipment rates. They could have bought several dozen new tritons with what they paid

i'm happy to hear they are building you a brand new boat.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

12. Member
    I'm happy that triton is replacing the boat, don't get me wrong. But 6 months is crazy. If I order one from the dealer I can have it in 10 weeks or so.

13. Banned
    Yeah 6 months is a loooong time. IMO it's too long to have someone's boat. Regardless of what you are having done. I'm certainly the first one to stick up for Triton, and I'd say this for any brand. That's just to long to have someone else's property. Like you said, you can order a new one and have it in 6-8 weeks.

Double post

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

Quote Originally Posted by Kight21X View Post
    Yeah 6 months is a loooong time. IMO it's too long to have someone's boat. Regardless of what you are having done. I'm certainly the first one to stick up for Triton, and I'd say this for any brand. That's just to long to have someone else's property. Like you said, you can order a new one and have it in 6-8 weeks.
    With all the grief you have been through they should resolve this quicker not slower than a new one ordered. Are they replacing motor and all
    This thread started almost a year ago

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

16. Member
    I phoned triton on Tuesday to get some kind of idea on what is going on with my boat and when it's expected to be delivered or if it was even comolete. I was told they would get back to me and let me know...... haven't heard from them at all. Must be to busy pumping out new boats and replacement trx's to deal with it. My plan was to sell the boat with 1-2 years warranty left on the engine and buy a new one. Guess what brand I won't be buying?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thorp View Post
    I phoned triton on Tuesday to get some kind of idea on what is going on with my boat and when it's expected to be delivered or if it was even comolete. I was told they would get back to me and let me know...... haven't heard from them at all. Must be to busy pumping out new boats and replacement trx's to deal with it. My plan was to sell the boat with 1-2 years warranty left on the engine and buy a new one. Guess what brand I won't be buying?
    I'd get an attorney to write them a certified letter and demand some results or a refund!. ! Its your money here. For what they charge and net for new boats...? bastards! The boat should be designed to replace a fuel tank. What the ----? Sounds to me like your contact there is having problems convincing upper management to replace the boat. Next, you'll hear its been repaired and, no new boat. I'd sell it and buy a new Phoenix !

18. Member
    My new hull was finally delivered to the dealer. I went to pick it up and I am extremely disappointed and unsatisfied with the new hull that was sent. Countless flaws and signs of poor workmanship. I will post pictures and update after I hear what they are going to do about this.......the nightmere continues.

Man that sucks. Im sorry to hear that.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

20. Member
    I still haven't put my boat in the water yet since it was delivered. I have now noticed multiple cracks on the hull in the mid section of the boat and my removable console was install an inch to high and crooked! I can't believe they could send this kind of crap out of the factory. My dealer is very disappointed in what they sent back as well and they are trying to sort out this mess.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast