Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    They found the hole with a small snake camera from what I was told and cannot get at the area to plug it. When I first complained about the gas smells he told me it was normal and didn't ask to look at it or anything. I guess I should have pushed for them to look at it but I just took his word.

Sounds like your dealer sucks....no help then and no loner or help now that they know it is a manufacturer problem. Not trying to wind you up....I would be frustrated too

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

3. Member
    I agree. I will not be a returning customer. I should get an update today.

4. Member
    Nothing got screwed into the top of the tank that caused it by chance?? Only I ask, I've done it before when installing equipment in my cop car...
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

5. Member
    Nope, no chance of that unless it was done at the factory.

6. Member
    gotcha...cool!! Ya, it's all well and good that the factory takes care of most of these issues....but it's the fact that they happen soooo prevalent that's the issue!! Boat prices are freakin goofey and for all the heart ache u get with em......naaaa, no thanks!!
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin LV34

7. Member
    So here's the update...... I spoke with my dealer and Marty at triton and basically they both are saying it has to be sent back to be fixed and I'm basically out of luck and have no boat for the season. No other options, no loaner boats or anything. Marty did say he would look into it more but it didn't sound like anything else could be done other then get my triton gold money back which is bs IMO. The whole situation makes me sick.

8. Member
    Who's takin it back to AR or TN for ya?? Hopefully the dealer..............
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin LV34

9. Member
    The dealer will be taking it back but apparently it won't happen until august. Which is very convenient.

What if I was to disconnect my auto bilge and just have manual pump out? Any thoughts on that? That way in rough water or heavy rains I can still manually pump water out. I dunno I'm trying to come up with some kind of solution.

10. Member
    Man, if it's leaking gas into the bilge area, I'd pump all the gas out of the tank, keep it vented, and wouldn't use it! One spark from a battery or something back there and it will get ugly FAST!!! that sucks!!!!
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin LV34

11. Member
    I can see where getting a loaner would be hard to do but it wouldn't be but so hard for Triton to give you an extra year of Triton Gold qualification to accommodate the loss of this season. I also would ask if they would "make it right" if you were to trade this boat on a new Triton. Missing the whole season is tough, and it is just compounded if you are making payments on a boat to use 5 months a year and 3+ of those months are taken from you by factory defect.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Original TrickWorm View Post
    I can see where getting a loaner would be hard to do but it wouldn't be but so hard for Triton to give you an extra year of Triton Gold qualification to accommodate the loss of this season. I also would ask if they would "make it right" if you were to trade this boat on a new Triton. Missing the whole season is tough, and it is just compounded if you are making payments on a boat to use 5 months a year and 3+ of those months are taken from you by factory defect.
    Man that sucks. You would think the dealer could lend you a demo boat and triton could send them a new one for 2016 OR like Trickworm said, give you a hell of a deal if you traded it in in a brand new one so you don't lose a year of triton gold and YOUR issue is fixed immediately. Sorry for the bad luck but glad you didn't find the gas leak by blowing yourself up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kight21X View Post
    Man that sucks. You would think the dealer could lend you a demo boat and triton could send them a new one for 2016 OR like Trickworm said, give you a hell of a deal if you traded it in in a brand new one so you don't lose a year of triton gold and YOUR issue is fixed immediately. Sorry for the bad luck but glad you didn't find the gas leak by blowing yourself up.
    Even if they would just swap the hull with a new one. Rig it with his current motor etc. Wonder if an email to Johnny Morris would do anything?

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

14. Member
    ok guys let me chime in here I'm the one that traded a 2000 Triton for 2014 Triton that was on the lot they sold my boat went and picked up the 2014 and it was all cracked up so I told him I'm waiting for the 15 to come out whole season without a boat no demo no loaner no not even using a used one got the 2015 had gelcoat issues took it back they had it for 3 more weeks finally got it back and everything's okay D&R Sports Center in Kalamazoo Michigan sucks don't ever use them

15. Member
    I got a call back late in the day yesterday and triton is trying to come up with an engineer approved way to cut through the deck and patch the tank to get me buy for this season and then fix the boat properly over the winter. My fingers are crossed for this option.

The option to buy a new boat or get a new hull sent up here was not mentioned at all. I would think for the money to make the temporary repair, ship the boat to the factory to make all the proper repairs and then ship it back that shipping a new hull or rig would be a better option but I guess it's still worth doing to triton. Must be a crazy mark up if they can do this.

16. Banned
    Where Triton puts the gas tank is a stupid idea IMO. I had a 2013 18XS. I always wondered if I had a issue how do they get the tank out? I am sorry for your issues. I have owned plenty of new bass boats. Almost all of them had issues. Who wants their boat taken apart to be serviced? Remove the top cap to access the tank? Why design the boat this way?

I also think some Legend models are like this. Why not under the seats or in the rear of the boat?
    I would be furious and a leaking gas tank sounds like a legal issue. I loved how my Triton rode and fished but I am so glad I got rid of it. I have always heard the same hands touch it as the Rangers in Flippin. That's BS! It maybe the same hands but they sure don't seem to be the same. Seems like they put extra time on the Ranger and not the Triton. I have owned both and you can see the huge quality difference. The gelcoat work on a Triton is a joke! My 18XS was fixed twice for cracks, flaws, imperfections, marks, gel flaking off. If that's the case why even let the people in Flippin build Triton? They put more effort in building the Ranger. That's a damn fact! I am not bashing Triton, if they corrected this it would be a elite boat. It could be so much more. The bow and dash shroud is cheap and both of mine had to be replaced. This is one easy fix they could do. O well, WFC?

17. Member
    They are moving the Triton aluminum to the Tracker plant in MO to be built. Will they also move the Triton fiberglass to the Nitro plant to be built? So much for no changes.

18. Banned
    Well changes as of now have not been made, maybe they are moving it for good reason.
    I knew it was BS when they said no changes. I have no idea if this is good or bad for Triton.
    If they dont care in flippin do you really think Tracker will?????

A little up grade on some items and materials and Triton has a freaking monster!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I gotcha, ​ guess it is pretty hard to put a 50 plus gallon tank in a bass boat and still have easy access to it.
    The gas tank on my 2013 Legend Alpha 211 is readily accessed.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Hobbie Hut View Post
    The gas tank on my 2013 Legend Alpha 211 is readily accessed.
    Your tank is but your pumps not so much. I think he was referring to the new V20. You can access the pumps on the V20, but not sure if the tank is removable. I think the only boats that I know of you can't remove the tank are the Tritons.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast