Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sounds like you're going to need to get that gearcase in to a Certified or Master Tech.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    I bought it less than 3 years ago and have a warranty for 3 years so we are going to get it replaced Then I will continue chasing my other issue, thanks again Don.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Hmmmnnn... perhaps one of those aftermarket cases.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Yes it is aftermarket that was recommended to me by a mechanic when my original mercury one came apart. I should have just had my original rebuilt.

5. Banned
    yep, I agree. Do you still have it?

6. Member
    no I don't. This one is still under warranty and will be replaced.

7. Member
    I know this is 4 years old but I continue to chase this issue. The motor has just recently been rebuilt but still has this issue. It only does it at idle and I feel it is going into limp mode. All the fuel stuff has been replaced and every time I think we have it figured out it comes back. I believe it's electrical but just don't know. It goes into it's mode when idling and get ready to take off you can hear the motor go into the mode and then continue to idle and you will hear the motor come out of it and you can take off. It might do it on a trip and it might not. I am thinking from other posts on here and research that maybe the ecu needs looked at.

8. Member
    yes sir very possible ecu , would be nice if you could try a known good one
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

9. Member
    I'm working on trying to find one.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely a good idea to do so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12